Gate Titan or gate warfet ?

Jaxx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For life starting out in airsoft, I feel the vast majority of us buy aeg’s, and over time we see others with different guns, different systems, and that cog in our heads start to turn. What to do next? Do I go gas, hpa, or do I upgrade, what I have.

My question,  to whoever can help. 
if you stick with your beloved aeg. What do you do to Improve it? And what does a gate Titan do, that a Warfet dosnt?

It's a trap!

Both of those units have a place in airsoft. That place isn't with new players IMHO.

Both units are costly, Both need time and knowledge to wire in. £70-£120 + a tech to wire in. If you have the cash to splash fair play, but the money is better spent on £100 eye pro, Especially for CQB.

A basic dumb fet has one job - contact protection, be that mechanical or microswitch. Either way, the Mosfet extends the life of parts.

A titan or Warfet also do this but they also add features  -

The titan adds a lot of features that IMO are designed to tame a gearbox that has been built to kill itself. It's not going to stop that gearbox breaking, but it will extend the service period. Allowing builds that simply aren't possible mechanically. The trigger is also a bit special.

The warfet adds features designed to be similar to the titan but without the trigger.

If you are running a gearbox that isn't killing itself, Or are not pushing an RPS that will cause issues then both units are just bragging rights.

There are users that will put them in everything including cheap bodies. I'm not one of those people. I'd rather buy a very good gun externally like an all-steel LCT or magnesium cast M4, that come with basic gearboxes, then mechanically upgrade that gearbox to be 22rps with a basic mosfet. The build will last longer, and the whole gun will be reliable.

9 hours ago, Jaxx said:

For life starting out in airsoft, I feel the vast majority of us buy aeg’s, and over time we see others with different guns, different systems, and that cog in our heads start to turn. What to do next? Do I go gas, hpa, or do I upgrade, what I have.

My question,  to whoever can help. 
if you stick with your beloved aeg. What do you do to Improve it? And what does a gate Titan do, that a Warfet dosnt?

I would say stick with your AEG, I went full gas for a brief period but ultimately returning back to AEGs because they just work. I've tried different guns and platforms despite the warnings some people give about reliability and the likes, knowing this I would of stuck with AEGs from the offset and saved a lot of money but unfortunately I didn't listen!

Now back on the topic of Mosfets, The Titan has more features than a WARFET but the Titan is way more temperamental and as Iceni said above the Titan is suited more to insane builds that need taming. 

15 hours ago, Jaxx said:

if you stick with your beloved aeg. What do you do to Improve it?

You build according to the gospel of @Sitting Duck.

He's a man that knows his shit. And he preaches learning to tech for yourself, forget about 90% of the stuff you read both on the internet and in manufacturers descriptions.

Learning to read a manufacturers description for exactly what it is, is a skill. The hype is one of the main selling points to any airsofter, and we get bucket loads of hype with every upgrade.

Basic well picked upgrades can and do make cheap guns brilliant.

Learn to tune a hop and pick a barrel. Those 2 components make 95% of your gains in airsoft on the field. A good barrel and perfect hop will reward you with range and accuracy. The hop unit been plastic metal or other isn't going to affect anything unless the hop is faulty. Spending money on a high end hop unit then trying to tune it is not an easy process. And those people that can build it once and make it look easy - Those guys have built hundreds of hops - it's not the unit that has the magic. And even those guys have troubles when they build on a different model of gun to what they know.  Everything is learning.

Learn what basic gearbox upgrades do. And research 13:1 gears and the motors that drive them. A well built 13:1 gearbox with the correct motor will run 7.4v lipo's faster than most stock guns on 11.1v lipo's. And they do it with a fantastic trigger response.

And the biggest tip of all is to learn when not to spend money.

A basic JG or Cyma can outshoot a £400 stock gun. If tuned right and with a little cash spent on the correct upgrades you can make peoples expensive guns look really really bad. Likewise, those modifications done to an absolute stonker of a gun can make it the thing of dreams. So approaching what you see as a problem with an open wallet isn't the best solution most of the time.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Iceni said:

A basic JG or Cyma can outshoot a £400 stock gun. If tuned right and with a little cash spent on the correct upgrades you can make peoples expensive guns look really really bad.

i have a jg aksu on stock barrel/hop can attest to that, bloody thing is nearly as good as my polarstars and never fails in that most important of tasks- being fun and enjoyable to use. if anything there's more pleasure from getting good hits with a cheap gun, you expect an expensive well tuned gun to perform well.

there's plenty can be done relatively on the cheap to improve performance; a good clean, a bit of compression work, a basic mosfet, a decent lipo and a bag of geoff's .32's will get most guns shooting pretty damn well.

18 hours ago, Iceni said:

You build according to the gospel of @Sitting Duck.

He's a man that knows his shit. And he preaches learning to tech for yourself, forget about 90% of the stuff you read both on the internet and in manufacturers descriptions.

Learning to read a manufacturers description for exactly what it is, is a skill. The hype is one of the main selling points to any airsofter, and we get bucket loads of hype with every upgrade.

Basic well picked upgrades can and do make cheap guns brilliant.

Learn to tune a hop and pick a barrel. Those 2 components make 95% of your gains in airsoft on the field. A good barrel and perfect hop will reward you with range and accuracy. The hop unit been plastic metal or other isn't going to affect anything unless the hop is faulty. Spending money on a high end hop unit then trying to tune it is not an easy process. And those people that can build it once and make it look easy - Those guys have built hundreds of hops - it's not the unit that has the magic. And even those guys have troubles when they build on a different model of gun to what they know.  Everything is learning.

Learn what basic gearbox upgrades do. And research 13:1 gears and the motors that drive them. A well built 13:1 gearbox with the correct motor will run 7.4v lipo's faster than most stock guns on 11.1v lipo's. And they do it with a fantastic trigger response.

And the biggest tip of all is to learn when not to spend money.

A basic JG or Cyma can outshoot a £400 stock gun. If tuned right and with a little cash spent on the correct upgrades you can make peoples expensive guns look really really bad. Likewise, those modifications done to an absolute stonker of a gun can make it the thing of dreams. So approaching what you see as a problem with an open wallet isn't the best solution most of the time.

Spot on mate, I really am trying a mate of mine to take some advice off other airsofters, he’s not inexperienced, just wants to try something new, but I think he needs to get advice off the majority rather than the few. I believe it’s the best way of moving forward.

i totally agree with all your comments here and that of the other 2 posts. Ultimately we listen to others an then make the wrong choices anyway.(and are then in a “told you so moment”)

but this advice is really accurate

14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i have a jg aksu on stock barrel/hop can attest to that, bloody thing is nearly as good as my polarstars and never fails in that most important of tasks- being fun and enjoyable to use. if anything there's more pleasure from getting good hits with a cheap gun, you expect an expensive well tuned gun to perform well.

there's plenty can be done relatively on the cheap to improve performance; a good clean, a bit of compression work, a basic mosfet, a decent lipo and a bag of geoff's .32's will get most guns shooting pretty damn well 

he ownes a krytac and tbh I think it’s shooting decent anyway. I have a gas gun, and I love it, but I’m already thinking of buying back an aeg to customise again 🙃 and it’s so right they just work

Not sure why it’s merged my reply with adolfs there 😆😆😆😆

obviously i f*** it

Currently, I am looking for something new. I'm quite fortunate in having a direction with most of my gear.

G3 + flecktarn was 1 project. It took over a year to complete. And the outcome is an all-steel G3 with a full wood kit, A decent tune on the gearbox, basic fet, Weathering. And the correct period flecktarn and webbing set to run it. I also went and got the real steel optic for the gun.

My augs have all been builds - 1 is a silent build, done so it's as quiet as possible. I can shoot it in the house and the missus struggles to hear it in another room. On the field, it's basically inaudible at greater than 10m distance. The other aug was an experiment in over voluming with bore up kits.

My M4 was a test in gear ratios. I made a thread on here and did a full rebuild of that gun at 13:1 gearing with the ASG U30K motor. It's a little monster.

My next project is going to be an LCT AK. It'll be done in the same gearbox principals as the M4. And with it I want a Gorka 4bar, and Smersh kit.

Having a direction and goal helps a lot if you are currently looking at gear and going "I like that, I like that, I like that" but you have no commitment to a particular style. Work out what you want and aim for it. Your gear will end up much better, and you will look appreciate the gear a lot more.

spacer.png

Archived