Short Film

Andrea
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Everyone

My name's Andrea and I'm director.
Me and some friends are shooting a short film, a Sci-Fi cyberpunk story where robots are disguised as humans, taking place in a bunker and conducting experiments on people.

There's a chase sequence in the movie and I was wondering if you are interested in being extra and chasing a robot down the corridors of Fort Borstal?

It will be a fun day, we can provide food and credits for the show :)

Thanks for your help

[email protected]

Sounds good to me.... I am in!!!

One thing to consider is are you after a certain uniform and primary weapon. Although a large proportion of RIF are M4/AR15 based if you don't stipulate what you need then you could have a rather eclectic mix (unless that is what you want).

Also regarding uniform. Will there be a primary colour/camo pattern that you are after??

40 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Sounds good to me.... I am in!!!

One thing to consider is are you after a certain uniform and primary weapon. Although a large proportion of RIF are M4/AR15 based if you don't stipulate what you need then you could have a rather eclectic mix (unless that is what you want).

Also regarding uniform. Will there be a primary colour/camo pattern that you are after??

Seems a bit questionable mate, I'd err on the side of caution!

The body of text in the original post looks like it was copied and pasted too which immediately raised my suspicion as potential spam etc

• Supporters

You'll want to say where (Rochester) and when, even if it's only weekend or weekday at this point.

Also, as above, say what gear you want people to bring, and anything that you specifically don't want.

Having done extra work, I'd choose to be forced to watch the director's cut of Titanic on endless repeat for all eternity rather than do it again, but you might find less experienced people keen to have their illusions dispelled.

Chaps: ask to see Andrea's professional indemnity assurance (see it and check that it actually covers film work), and don't sign any sort of waiver (not that they have any legal force). You'll be acting under direction, and if you injure yourself running down a dark, damp corridor for someone else's benefit, who's going to be paying your mortgage while you're off work?

Hello All

Yes the shooting will be taking place in Rochester.
We are looking for One Day either 23rd of November or 1st of December.

Ideally we are looking for:

black jackets
black cargo-pants
helmets
black boots
FN 90 (big fan)
MP5
Famas F1
Any gun with belt
torch on rifle

Open to suggestion for different weapons.

@Rogerborg
We are covered with Essex Insurance Broker.
The actual scene is literally running thru the corridors
I can show documentation upon requests.

@RobHedley

Thanks for the interest!
Do you have an email address to contact you directly or can I PM you?

@BibbsOnTour
You are actually right I copied and pasted it from an unpublished post of mine on this forum while I was registering, in order to post.

A link to the WIP of the short
https://www.facebook.com/adamcyberpunkchronicle/

On 07/09/2019 at 09:24, Andrea said:

You are actually right I copied and pasted it from an unpublished post of mine on this forum while I was registering, in order to post.

Apologies for jumping to conclusions about being spam!

The OP just had something about it that rung alarm bells, plus the new account... The forum gets spam here and there so all that with just a request for us to email you and a few rough details about the project etc put my back up!

Hope all goes well with the short 🙂

Archived