Returning to airsoft after a decade - full metal advice?

weeble
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A lot has changed since I've been gone!

I still have my old loadout (pics available if requested!):

* ICS MP5A2 + 6 mags (two hi-cap, 4 mid)

* Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90 + 3 shells

* 2x KJW M92F GBB pistols + 2 mags

...which still all works tickety boo, but I'm quite interested in getting an M4/416/AR15 platform type deal.

I originally got the ICS MP5 for the full metal body (which I really like). Are there any decent full-metal M4A1s out there? Budget not necessarily an issue.

What's up with the AEG recoil mechanisms too - are they any good/fairly reliable? Do they drain your battery any quicker?

I'm also completely out of the loop in terms of reliable manufacturers - there are a lot of new names I don't recognise (and a load of familiar ones that have disappeared entirely or been relegated to bargain bins/boneyards). What are the current favourites?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

IMG_20190808_171046.jpg

IMG_20190808_171025.jpg

IMG_20190808_171022.jpg

IMG_20190808_171004.jpg

IMG_20190808_170955.jpg

IMG_20190808_171111.jpg

TM recoils are pretty spot on straight out of the box with metal in all the right places if budget isn't an issue as you say.

I haven't got one personally so I can't be 100% certain with my advice on battery life but I never hear anyone say that the recoil system drains your battery excessively (obviously does a little bit quicker but not so much so that it turns people off having them).

From my experience CAMOraids are a sound bunch. They give great advice and customer service + should you ever look to go the extra mile with your purchase they do an awesome job upgrading TMs

Should find some that float your goat here:

http://www.camoraids.com/product-category/airsoft-weapons/airsoft-assault-rifles/

Have a TM Recoil SCAR L, and I do find it draining a battery a bit quicker, but its never been an issue. I always swap batteries over at lunch on a game day any how and its rare I ever run a battery down enough to trigger the low battery warning. For me, they are absolutely worth the money, but I get why people think they are over priced as you can get the same performance without breaking the bank. Personally though I just love the extras such as the working bolt catch and stops firing on empty, and even after level 4 upgrades and a mosfet done by eagle 6 it works flawlessly every time. Never missed a beat to date. 

3 hours ago, weeble said:

I still have my old loadout (pics available if requested!):

Image result for mrs doyle gif

Well obviously I should've attached pictures from the off. See original post!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone. Think I might end up going for a Tokyo Marui No.08 CQB-R... just need to find a store or somewhere I can go it out first!

I've also been mighty tempted by this GLM six barrel MOSCART launcher... just as a giggle weapon... stupid, or potentially useful??

A guy had one of those launchers when I played at Camp Sparta a few weeks ago, 100% useful and fun in the right circumstance. Get good with it and you can really get your grenades to the right spot, whether smoke for cover or bangs to clear people from behind cover. 

Sweet. I'll add it to my list for once I've got my UKARA number! Really looking forward to getting properly back in to airsofting again

And not having any money 😏

Archived