Good aegs for under £140 ( including 2 tone)

Tankman045
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, does anyone have any recommendations on what relatively cheap aeg I should buy, I looked at the g&g combat machine and the raider but they are either two expensive or don't come with batteries etc. Also does anyone have any online airsoft store reccomendations?

Cheers

Tankman045

As @E21A says, the CM16 carbine is around £100 if you can find one (Patrol Base are out of stock).

Another reasonable choice would be the Cyma AK and it comes with a battery, although probably not a very good one.

A lot of guns don't come with batteries, and those that do usually come with cheap ones that you should bin at the first opportunity.

£140 on a reasonable two-toned gun is achievable but decent batteries and a charger are an issue.

There is a dedicated section just for feedback on retailers, I suggest you take a look there for shop ideas.  As long as you avoid any site with "BB" in its name then you should generally be okay.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Philby21 said:

the CM16 carbine is around £100 if you can find one

They do come up on offer for around £100 occasionally but I can't see anyone selling it for that at the moment.

The minimum package I can see is at  https://www.swasairsoft.co.uk/ , who will do it for £120 + £5 for two toning + (bare minimum) burn-your-house down charger and an 8.4V 1600 nimh for another £20, with postage on top so you're north of £150.

Other combos are available, and I'd be wanting to buy a pair of lipos from HobbyKing plus a charger.  Note that these cheap lipo chargers also run very hot and are likely to result in tears before bedtime (and for the love of God never leave a battery charging while you're not around).VTE600.jpg?format=500w

The G&Gs are better than the CYMAs, but I can confirm that CYMA M4s (and doubtless the AKs) are actually perfectly usable toy guns.

If your budget is really tight, you can get playing with one of the two-toned CYMAs for £90 + postage from either PatrolBase or SWAS.  A hi-cap, battery and death-charger is included, and you can always upgrade later when budget allows.

Normally I'd recommend SWAS, but on pure aesthetics, the PatrolBase burgandy red is a nicer colour than orange or green as offered by SWAS.

Oh and inB4 "which G&G CM16 / CYMA M4 though?", the answer is: whichever one you think looks the best.

Archived