Teams in the Midlands

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Greetings and welcome to the forum , only real advice I’d give ref looking to joining a team is don’t .

Sounds like odd advice but experience has taught me that the only teams worth joining are the ones you get asked to join NOT ones you can ask to join or the ones who put it out for strangers to become new members , that says to me very high turnover of members or a high twat count . A good team are friends before they either join the team or form there own team and most importantly they sticks together and they know each other’s strengths and weakness  , and that only comes with time spent playing together .

Find a ‘home’ site turn up regularly keep your nose clean build your self a rep as a good player , move around the safezone Checking out other players kit ask about it (99.9% will LOVE telling you about there kit !) but don’t make a pest of your self and don’t try and big yourself up you’ll just look like a right cock .

Guarantee before you know it you’ll either be asked to join a team OR forming your own with the new friends you’ve made there . 👍 

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Greetings and welcome to the forum , only real advice I’d give ref looking to joining a team is don’t .

Sounds like odd advice but experience has taught me that the only teams worth joining are the ones you get asked to join NOT ones you can ask to join or the ones who put it out for strangers to become new members , that says to me very high turnover of members or a high twat count . A good team are friends before they either join the team or form there own team and most importantly they sticks together and they know each other’s strengths and weakness  , and that only comes with time spent playing together .

Find a ‘home’ site turn up regularly keep your nose clean build your self a rep as a good player , move around the safezone Checking out other players kit ask about it (99.9% will LOVE telling you about there kit !) but don’t make a pest of your self and don’t try and big yourself up you’ll just look like a right cock .

Guarantee before you know it you’ll either be asked to join a team OR forming your own with the new friends you’ve made there . 👍 

what druid has said is absolutely spot on, never rush to join a team that lets literally anybody in, its guaranteed to be full of twats & walts, & you'll get tarred with the same brush, so to speak.

play some of the local sites, take your time to observe any dedicated teams & learn their strength's & weaknesses, plus show yourself to be a capable player, & get to know likeminded players, that's the best way to approach the whole "team" aspect.

ALTERNATIVELY

rush to join the first team at your local site, then realise that they're a bunch of cnuts, you can leave the team happy in the knowledge that you'll probably bump in to them whenever you play any local sites.

Awkward 😉

Archived