Paintball CO2 Tank

BibbsOnTour
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A friend at work who played paintball a few years back found an old CO2 tank that he never used in his garage and knows I play airsoft so has asked if it's of any use to me.

My question is pretty much that... is it? Can it be used to refill CO2 pistol mags or something?

Also, would it be 'out of date' as such? Can they go out of date?

I've only got an AEG at the moment so I'm clueless about the GBB side of airsoft 😂 

Look around the cylinder for something that may be a year/month.  That would be the manufacturing date.

A co2 cylinder would have been ‘good’ for 5-10 years.  But unless it leaks any existing co2 in there is just co2, it won’t go off etc but the cylinder could not be filled it out of test (and isn’t worth the cost of a test)

If you have a fill valve of the appropriate thread etc then it could be used 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

probably of limited utility outside of certain hpa based setups.

11 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Look around the cylinder for something that may be a year/month.  That would be the manufacturing date.

A co2 cylinder would have been ‘good’ for 5-10 years.  But unless it leaks any existing co2 in there is just co2, it won’t go off etc but the cylinder could not be filled it out of test (and isn’t worth the cost of a test)

If you have a fill valve of the appropriate thread etc then it could be used 

Ahh ok, cheers guys 👍

Archived