Airsoft nozzle issue?

Marfellio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A bit of background information, I brought a second hand dboys mk12 with the intentions of making it a dmr (my first real go at teching). The gun fired fine when I collected it but after taking it home and shooting it more then once I realised it was not feeding. I have since tried different brand mags and changing the lower reciever as the dboys mag well was really dodgy. Nothing has yet to resolve the issue!

If I look into the mag well and the hop up when firing it seems that the nozzle doesn't retract far enough to allow the bbs to feed, what could be the cause of this?

I have searched the web for solutions and all I have found so far is put a spacer between the hop up and gearbox, however I feel this may only be a temporary fix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 👍

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Marfellio said:

A bit of background information, I brought a second hand dboys mk12 with the intentions of making it a dmr (my first real go at teching). The gun fired fine when I collected it but after taking it home and shooting it more then once I realised it was not feeding. I have since tried different brand mags and changing the lower reciever as the dboys mag well was really dodgy. Nothing has yet to resolve the issue!

If I look into the mag well and the hop up when firing it seems that the nozzle doesn't retract far enough to allow the bbs to feed, what could be the cause of this?

I have searched the web for solutions and all I have found so far is put a spacer between the hop up and gearbox, however I feel this may only be a temporary fix.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 👍

Worn tappet plate or it needs a delayer chip fitted

The gear has already got a delayed chip on it, I have tried a 2nd tappet plate also to no fix! There is about 3mm of the nozzle still blocking the hop up chamber from what I can see and I have seen some posts online saying the nozzle could be filed down, however I feel like that will just mess it up

Guest Yukarin

Get a shorter nozzle, @ak2m4 has a variety of nozzles, Bought an AK nozzle from him because one of my M4s had a similar issue (not as bad as 3mm mind).

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Marfellio said:

The gear has already got a delayed chip on it, I have tried a 2nd tappet plate also to no fix! There is about 3mm of the nozzle still blocking the hop up chamber from what I can see and I have seen some posts online saying the nozzle could be filed down, however I feel like that will just mess it up

You can't shave 3mm off, a fraction of a mm you can on some nozzles but the end is shaped to mate with the bucking and push the bb centre.

Just order one that suits the length you need

• Supporters

No. The nozzle probably moves enough, but it looks weird for the untrained eye.

Turn the gun upside down, without a mag, drop a BB in the feeding tube and fire it still upside down. Then tell us what happened.

Try an AK long nozzle buddy.  I've had this problem many times.  On some builds I find I need to swop to an shorter nozzle but then also shave down the front part of the tappet plate so the nozzle extends a little further so it can create a decent seal with the bucking (may not have explained that well enough)

If you put a spacer between the hop up and gearbox there is a good chance your nozzle won't go far enough, but hey maybe it's worth a shot - you won't lose anything by trying at least. 

Archived