TM Sopmod Lipos?

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Following a recent promotion and work and the nice little salary increase that came with it I'm now seriously considering treating myself to the TM Sopmod CQB-R.  I've been after a Sopmod for a long time but really struggled to find a decent one, considered the Specna Arms Edge but getting bored waiting for the flaming things to come out!

Anyway, now I've decided to grab one the first thing that I'll be doing is ditching the standard "quick change but they're crap and will cost you a bloody fortune to replace/buy spares" NiMH batteries and switching to 7.4v LiPos instead.  I'll likely take the simple/lazy route and just buy the ET1 adaptor and solder a Deans connector to it.

This leads me to the question of does anyone know how much room there is to play with in the stock?  I'd prefer to use a single bar type down one side than have wiring crossing over the mid point where it could potentially get pinched and damaged, just need to know how much physical space I have to play with.

Thanks,

Phil

I just got a Turnigy nano-tech 7.4 2000mah and it fits in my stock tube and new G&G GOS V2 stock. About 127x19x21mm. A bit tight but nothing that would damage any of the wiring 

• Supporters

If you’ve got a Dremel stick a sanding drum onit and give the tube a going over , all your doing is taking down the corners and edges that your battery will get hung up on .

Cheers guys, the measurements were exactly what I was after and I'll definitely take the advice re Dremling too!

Archived