Teflon grease ????

Willyg1981
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of doing a few mods to my Cyma m4 and one of the things I’m doing is replacing the stock piston and wondering if it’ll be ok to use guarder Teflon gear grease ,...Iv got some abbey silicon oil but I’m pretty sure that’s it’s too thin ,... any pointers would be helpful 👍

The Guarder Teflon gear grease should be fine to use. However, my favourite grade to use in the gear box is Abbey Gun Grease LT2.👍👍

9 hours ago, Willyg1981 said:

Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of doing a few mods to my Cyma m4 and one of the things I’m doing is replacing the stock piston and wondering if it’ll be ok to use guarder Teflon gear grease ,...Iv got some abbey silicon oil but I’m pretty sure that’s it’s too thin ,... any pointers would be helpful 👍

Personally I use this and never gone wrong with it but only use very small amounts as it goes a long way LINK

Castrol LM bearing grease here, with no issues. Never seen the need for hyper expensive repackaged greases. Only proviso is polycarbonate pistons will degrade with certain petroleum products, but 90% of pistons are NOT polycarbonate, as it's not a great material anyway.

Archived