Pistol mags and mag pouches

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have you ever experienced damage to the feed lips or router rubber caused by pistol magazine pouches?

I ask this because my Condor pouches, like many others,  have a metal grommet for drainage at the base. The mag feed lips don't appear to make contact with the metal because it is central in the base, but there is a worrying clicking noise when I push the mags fully home.

I was considering getting replacement pouches without grommits or padding the bottom of my Condor pouches with some soft material or foam to ensure against damage.

Anyone care to comment? I know feed lips are inexpensive to replace, but I'd rather avoid a possible problem.

Never noticed any damage with my condor pouches. One is a triple mag pouch for pistol mags on a belt. The others I have are also Condor but they're either inverted on a shoulder holster or horizontal on a belt, again no damage that I can see or hear.

I've also got some for my MP5K but again no damage or clinking.

Is it not catching the follower, pulling it back a bit and then firing the spring forward? That might be the click

25 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Never noticed any damage with my condor pouches. One is a triple mag pouch for pistol mags on a belt. The others I have are also Condor but they're either inverted on a shoulder holster or horizontal on a belt, again no damage that I can see or hear.

I've also got some for my MP5K but again no damage or clinking.

Good to know.

13 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Is it not catching the follower, pulling it back a bit and then firing the spring forward? That might be the click

Good question. Never thought of that. Will investigate.

Thanks to you both.

Archived