ICS weird

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have 2 ICS Transforms,my main and my spare.

The main has a T/B,systema gears,Systema piston head and a high speed motor,the spare has a T/B but otherwise is standard apart from the front handguard.

With the spare I can achieve 330-340fps,but with my main 290-300fps..now this is where it gets weird,I have 4 upper gearboxes and they all lose the same 40ish FPS in my main no matter what I do,I've even changed the barrels and hops around but still the same remains.

To me it looks like it is the lower G/B set up causing the difference?Is that possible.Thanks.

Missing gear teeth is the only thing I can think of that can cause this.

How many teeth are on the upgraded sector gear in comparison to the stock?

Thanks m8 ..spot on with that..(obvious I suppose) looks like the last tooth is damaged,I've cut down a 400 spring for now to 330fps until I decide what to do..I may sell it on as a working project and promote my spare to main...cheers again.

20181227_164834.jpg

2 minutes ago, snuff said:

Thanks m8 ..spot on with that..(obvious I suppose) looks like the last tooth is damaged,I've cut down a 400 spring for now to 330fps until I decide what to do..I may sell it on as a working project and promote my spare to main...cheers again.

20181227_164834.jpg

Nothing wrong with short stroking it and keeping it! Or just get a replacement single gear. 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Nothing wrong with short stroking it and keeping it! Or just get a replacement single gear. 

I second this, unless its a looong barrel it'll be grand, tbh i'd crack the dremel out and go highseed.

Had it  along time,loads spent time for replacing I think..CBA really,I'm not technically minded and yes it is a long barrel..

I'm going to play with it tomorrow and I found a new gear in my box of parts so I'll take it apart after that.wish me luck....😣

Archived