AEP, Lipo charging and TM M93R questions

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I am a complete noob to AEPs. After very dissapointing game day with my gas powered stuff my head has been turned by AEPs, specifically the M93r. 

First of all, I want to straight away do a lipo conversion. I have a Turnigy Accucel 6 smart charger. I believe the Turnigy does not support Balance charging by only the balance connector. Is there any simple thing I can buy to get around this, such as an adapter?

Secondly. How easy would it be to fit a simple nano MOSFET, is it worth it and do you recommend anything specific?

Thirdly, my heart is pretty much set on the TM M93r, I want to use it in conjunction with a tracer from time to time, so I am looking at holster possibilities. I am not a huge fan of kydex so I am looking at universal solutions. Can anyone recommend me something that will fit the M93 that I can treat rough and not have the pistol Fall out? (Looking for something with a back strap to hold the pistol in)

Lastly, what sort of pouches would you recommend for the 100 round mags? Hoping to carry at least two, maybe three. 

Cheers guys!

• Supporters

I can't speak to the Turnigy, sorry.

The MOSFET, I wouldn't bother.  The motor will be drawing fewer amps than an AEG, and you're very tight for space in an AEP.  Changing to lipo will significantly improve response and ROF even when going via the standard trigger.

I use an MP5 triple mag pouch for my extended AEP magazines.

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Hello all.

I am a complete noob to AEPs. After very dissapointing game day with my gas powered stuff my head has been turned by AEPs, specifically the M93r

First of all, I want to straight away do a lipo conversion. I have a Turnigy Accucel 6 smart charger. I believe the Turnigy does not support Balance charging by only the balance connector. Is there any simple thing I can buy to get around this, such as an adapter?

Secondly. How easy would it be to fit a simple nano MOSFET, is it worth it and do you recommend anything specific?

Thirdly, my heart is pretty much set on the TM M93r, I want to use it in conjunction with a tracer from time to time, so I am looking at holster possibilities. I am not a huge fan of kydex so I am looking at universal solutions. Can anyone recommend me something that will fit the M93 that I can treat rough and not have the pistol Fall out? (Looking for something with a back strap to hold the pistol in)

Lastly, what sort of pouches would you recommend for the 100 round mags? Hoping to carry at least two, maybe three. 

Cheers guys!

Was planning a Lipo upgrade for my Skorpion, then found this.

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/7-4v-550mah-lipo-airsoft-battery-for-tokyo-marui-aep.html

Still investigating which route to go down, but it might be of interest.

Cheers

G

Archived