Dye i4 - what to wear with it

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a dye i4 which works really well in CQB.

I currently wear it with a helmet, which I'm not a great fan of. NUPROL lid, I think...

I'm not sure if a different helmet would work better, or if something completely different would be best.

What do you wear with yours and what can you recommend?

TIA

• Supporters

I had one and I attached it to the front of a fast helmet with Velcro tabs , held nice and firmly in place and worked well only problem ? I hated the mask so sold it and on to the next , my black Cylon helmet ! 

• Head Moderator

I wear mine with a FAST helmet (not a Nuprol).  Removed some of the front padding (see YouTube) to give it more space and so that the mask fits into the helmet without leaving a gap on the forehead.

37 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I had one and I attached it to the front of a fast helmet with Velcro tabs , held nice and firmly in place and worked well only problem ? I hated the mask so sold it and on to the next , my black Cylon helmet ! 

I'll be interested to hear what it's like in use. Especially peripheral vision...

On 25/09/2018 at 18:48, Jedi_Master said:

I wear mine with a FAST helmet (not a Nuprol).  Removed some of the front padding (see YouTube) to give it more space and so that the mask fits into the helmet without leaving a gap on the forehead.

I have the Onetigris fast style helmet which fits nicely with some of the foam removed. Feels very solid and still allows a decent air flow. Feels very secure.

P vision is not too bad, same as wearing the dye on its own.

Archived