MP7 Options

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of picking myself up an MP7, but I don't know a huge amount about airsoft SMGs - what are my options for AEG? Do they fit standard gearboxes or proprietary ones? Mag capacities?

at the minute you’ve got 2 types of MP7. The gas and the AEP

The electric guns are in my opinion crap. You’ve got the Tm and the Well which is a clone. They chrono at 220ish FPS I believe and being tiny have a tiny air cylinder so your performance is going to be lousy compared to virtually anything else. 

Gas is much better. You have to my knowledge 4 options. The VFC, WE, KWA and the TM. The VFC and WE are full size 1:1 replicas but aren’t gas efficient or reliable. I had a WE for about a week and got rid.

The kwa and Tm are smaller than real steel but are the most popular two. The TM in my eyes is hands down the best of the bunch. It has a full travel bolt unlike the kwa, so it’s more realistic and has more kick. Range and accuracy are fantastic on the TM too. The kwa is slightly cheaper and has a slightly higher rate of fire if you’re into that kind of thing. 

If you want an mp7 and it must be electric, wait until VFC release their new one. They’ve somehow managed to cram a gearbox inside it with standard parts that will be putting out 300+ FPS. That will be worth a buy when it comes out. 

TM GBBR is king currently

23 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

at the minute you’ve got 2 types of MP7. The gas and the AEP

The electric guns are in my opinion crap. You’ve got the Tm and the Well which is a clone. They chrono at 220ish FPS I believe and being tiny have a tiny air cylinder so your performance is going to be lousy compared to virtually anything else. 

Gas is much better. You have to my knowledge 4 options. The VFC, WE, KWA and the TM. The VFC and WE are full size 1:1 replicas but aren’t gas efficient or reliable. I had a WE for about a week and got rid.

The kwa and Tm are smaller than real steel but are the most popular two. The TM in my eyes is hands down the best of the bunch. It has a full travel bolt unlike the kwa, so it’s more realistic and has more kick. Range and accuracy are fantastic on the TM too. The kwa is slightly cheaper and has a slightly higher rate of fire if you’re into that kind of thing. 

If you want an mp7 and it must be electric, wait until VFC release their new one. They’ve somehow managed to cram a gearbox inside it with standard parts that will be putting out 300+ FPS. That will be worth a buy when it comes out. 

TM GBBR is king currently

I think I'd probably end up waiting for the new VFC - it's for spewing out BB's like teenage vomit in ibiza, so I'd probably end up going through bottle after bottle of gas on a GBB.

10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

I think I'd probably end up waiting for the new VFC - it's for spewing out BB's like teenage vomit in ibiza, so I'd probably end up going through bottle after bottle of gas on a GBB.

Aren’t most cqb places where the mp7 is in its prime semi auto anyway?

• Supporters

Yup, the TM and Well electroguns are somewhere under 1:1 scale, use tiny AEP gearboxes and you should expect ~200fps AEP performance.  You can notionally upgrade them to the same level, i.e. 260 - 300fps depending on air seal and luck and them not exploding (the gearbox shells are apparently wafer thin).  I've been vaguely tempted to take a gamble on a Well, but AEP performance out of a MP5K sized package doesn't wow me.

Thanks for the head up on the new VFC, that  does look like an interesting option.

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Aren’t most cqb places where the mp7 is in its prime semi auto anyway?

I don’t play CQB, it’s as a compact secondary for sniping where there’s a MED.

1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

I don’t play CQB, it’s as a compact secondary for sniping where there’s a MED.

Fair enough. I’d definitely wait then if you don’t want a gbb. I can spit further than the AEP version

• Supporters
8 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

it’s as a compact secondary for sniping where there’s a MED

I run an MP5K for that, slung and attached to a leg panel[*].  Even my cheapo Galaxy is shooting 315-320fps, about 10rps on lipos from ~100 round midcaps, and in a pinch I've used it effectively as a primary.  Downside are the verrrry long trigger pull and the hop tending to wander over the day (I cable tie the slide adjuster down).  It really has surprised me how usable it is.

[*] Front grip inserted through a loop of twisted paracord, and a velcro strap around the top, although it's pretty secure just with the sling + grip.

Archived