WE M4 overhopping

Neilbarker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve got a strange problem. I haven’t used it in a few months but my M4 is now over hopping even on .3 and the hop turned off. I cleaned it every time it was used it’s got a maple leaf autobot 70 in it and an omega nub, maple leaf crazy jet barrel. 

The hop rubber itsself looks fine but I’ve washed it with a bit of fairy and tried and it’s still overhopping. My guess is it’s swollen with it just sitting for a few months but im Not sure , like I said it looks fine to me 

cheers 

Not that I can see, it looks pretty flush to me. I have noticed though that in the stock WE hop unit the nub doesn’t sit exactly over the barrel window, it’s off to the right by about 2mm. The cutouts at the sides of the hop arm are too wide 

• Supporters

hmm, if it's not protruding into the barrel it shouldn't be applying that much hop.

you don't have a suppressor or something that the bb might be hitting? that can give crazy hop effects.

Nope it’s maple leaf crazy jet 260mm so it’s kust long enough for a cqbr. I wonder if it’s my NPAS, though idk if it isn’t working right could it move the BB too quickly. It’s an old one I’ll rip the bolt apart and see what’s what. I don’t have a Chrono though so I don’t know if it’s shooting too hot

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Neilbarker said:

omega nub

Is what I'd suspect.  I've been unable to get my macaron hop dialled in with an omega nub, and have gone back to the stock cylinder nub.

Hmm fair enough. I've managed to somewhat rectify it I think, it was too dark to see the BBs, but I flathopped it with an autobot 50 I had in my box and it SEEMS like they may not be overhopping. Gonna order a new 70 just to see if it has maybe began to swell even just a little.

Archived