New to the forums

Hub
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I'd say hi as I have now finally made an account. Been playing airsoft a few years now mainly around Edinburgh.

Main reason for this post is that I have been designing and manufacturing my own line of airsoft accessories etc. and would like some input on them from fellow airsofters. I'm aware there is no advertising allowed on here so I will not say any more about them but it anyone has done this sort of thing before and has any advice on the best way to get a new airsoft product out there that would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from people and also reading more in the forums, I have only recently discovered these and there's a lot of interesting stuff!

1 hour ago, Hub said:

I'm aware there is no advertising allowed on here so I will not say any more about them but it anyone has done this sort of thing before and has any advice on the best way to get a new airsoft product out there that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, I've seen others advertise, so not sure if that is true.

Can a mod @L3wisD, @proffrink, @Jedi_Master  clarify the rules on advertising?

Cheers

G

• Root Admin

It's enforced reasonably (and is often deferred), but in theory none is allowed as per the rules. That said, we don't want to prevent manufacturers and shop owners from explaining themselves or providing customer service on here so as long as it's not taking the piss usually it's ok. You'll be warned if it steps over that line. Things like having your own thread when you post news is a no-go, but speaking to customers in your own 'Places to Buy' is encouraged.

Signatures, avatars and usernames that are obviously branded are also allowed in the same vein, but again this has mostly come down to businesses in the past being reasonable about this (and the few that aren't are quickly banned). As such - @Hub - if you'd like to rename your account to be more inline with your business's branding then send me a PM and I'll do it for you.

Should say that @Jedi_Master would usually clarify on this, but he's away for a bit :)

Ahh ok thank you for clarifying for me! Yeah of course I don't want to do anything against the rules, just knew that the best people to speak to about anything airsoft related are people who play airsoft themselves! I am very keen to get my product tested on the field so am looking for some other experienced players (who own and use BFG's in games) within the UK to perhaps test it for me if I were to send it to them in return for some feedback on it. If anyone would genuinely be interested in this (not just trying to get a free toy!) then please let me know and I'll contact you with some of the details about it.

Archived