Glock Gen4

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I prefer the Gen3 and recently bought a WE one.

I'd like to buy another eventually because having two pistols of the same type makes sense in terms of practicality, magazine compatibility etc.

Probably another 17 but next time I would like a tan frame.

Problem is the tan frames only seem to be available for Gen4s.

Interchangeable backstraps are nice but the extended mag release is unnecessary and a potential problem. I can imagine how often some gen4 owners accidentally drop their mags.

I once lived abroad and owned a real steel gen3. It was my favourite pistol. I assume they changed the mag re!ease on the gen4 for glove users. Even so it was not necessari IMHO.

• Supporters

In my experience (work and airsoft) the majority of the surface area of the Gen4 mag release doesn't even work to release the magazine, you have to hit the end of it which functionally makes it the same as the Gen 3 part most of the time so it's a non issue in that regard.  It's badly designed cheap holsters that cause people to lose pistol mags in airsoft, see that every single game day.  People can take that as some sort of snobbery if they really like but the evidence is pretty mountainous and it's not like you have to spend £100+ on something insane, you can get a good holster that won't ditch your mags for under £25.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

In my experience (work and airsoft) the majority of the surface area of the Gen4 mag release doesn't even work to release the magazine, you have to hit the end of it which functionally makes it the same as the Gen 3 part most of the time so it's a non issue in that regard.  It's badly designed cheap holsters that cause people to lose pistol mags in airsoft, see that every single game day.  People can take that as some sort of snobbery if they really like but the evidence is pretty mountainous and it's not like you have to spend £100+ on something insane, you can get a good holster that won't ditch your mags for under £25.

It's not snobbery, its the truth, a flexible fabric holster will when leaned on drop your mag for you, which unless it holds the whole pistol doesnt end well. Found that out the first game i had the sig at with a borrowed fabric holster, lucky i found the mag.

The hard plastic holsters are most definately superior, even the cheap nuprol ones prevent unintentional mag drops.

Fabric holsters are fine if you have a heel release though.

I had a WE G19 Gen 4, be warned it is not a true Gen 4. The mag release and mags themselves are not ambidextrous like it should be. Also there is a plastic spacer over the front end of the guide rod which has a tendency to be snapped if it gets slightly out of alignment. Otherwise, it’s a solid gun, the interchangeable back straps are definitely a bonus. I ran the medium config for mine.

Archived