PTS Mega Arms MKM AR15 Jam/Vent

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Had my PTS MKM a little while now, loving it, but on some mags it has the tendency to jam now and then due to a double/bad feed. - which would cause the next shot to vent the gas.

I have been through top to bottom of the mags, the trigger and all associated parts, the bolt and nozzle, and also checked for any previous blockages beside or inside the hop.

I recently got the new PTS feed lips also which were advertised to fix this issue, which it has not. 

The mags are filled with a good level of gas and bbs and it is random if a jam is to occur.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

- Corky

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

What BBs are you using? (Make and weight) And what gas?

ASG Blaster 0.25g
WE Green gas
Nuprol 2.0 Green Gas
Various propane cans

(Tried 2 brand new green gas cans in case the pressure had dropped too low).

• Supporters

Hmm, that’s my though process out of the window. They are good BBs, and good gas.

Which means it has to be a mag/ hop issue. What type of hop unit/rubber/ you using?

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

Hmm, that’s my though process out of the window. They are good BBs, and good gas.

Which means it has to be a mag/ hop issue. What type of hop unit/rubber/ you using?

Unknown as the gun with it's upgrades are second hand.
However from what I can gather the hop unit adjustment teeth are shiny silver metal which would indicate it is not stock, a new inner tight bore barrel so I assume a new rubber too.

• Supporters

Are you able to get photos of the bucking and barrel and hop unit? One of our resident gurus will be able to work out what they are.

Ill admit I haven’t worked on any gas guns myself, but he mechanics seem remarkably simple. 

You can rule the Bbs out because they are reputable and people use them in all sorts of guns without issue, you can rule the gas out because you have tried 3 types, and because I can’t see it causing the issues your describing.

Which leaves; The nozzle, which you say is functioning perfectly, the hop unit, and the mag feed, ruling them out 1 by 1 is the only thing I can think of here.

What is your FPS like? Any deviation?

Failing all that, Paging Dr @Wo1f

do the mags fit tight in the gun? no up and down movement? Sometimes if the mag is loose, the feeder on the nozzle doesn't always pick a BB up. it could also be that the nozzle itself has worn.

As for the Hop up... the kwa Mega arms setup is the downfall of the gun. This could very well be the issue too. A bb could be getting stuck in the hop and when the next one is loaded pushes the first past the bucking. 

If the mag seats well and the nozzle is picking up a BB every time, id highly recommend the airsoft Engenuity hop chamber.. You'll need a we/vsr barrel and a maple leaf bucking, but your consistency, range and accuracy will increase dramatically.

Give him a message on facebook and tell him i sent you 👍

I may have the fix and I'm kicking myself over it...

But first, yes the mags do have a slight movement up and down but do not cause much of an issue now - how can I fix this?

The fix:
The hop unit installed has a slight amount of hop at all times even at 0% position, and being a CQB player I try not to overhop the 0.25g bb's and set it to 0%...
The metal teeth of the hop adjustment were encroaching on the receiver side of the bb track by maybe 0.5-1mm, enough to bounce the odd bb into the left side of the hop-unit and jam up the gun.

Switched the hop to maybe 25-35% and still no change to hop applied to the bb, however the teeth were now out of the way and I got through a full mag first time.
Will do more testing and report back if anything blows up again. :)

Cheers for letting me brain dump anyway lads.

You’ll find the difference from 0 hop to max hop to make no difference on a kwa lol. Couldn’t raise a dick in a strip club that hop chamber. 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You’ll find the difference from 0 hop to max hop to make no difference on a kwa lol. Couldn’t raise a dick in a strip club that hop chamber. 

Oh no it is a new chamber, it shoots pretty consistent and fairly accurate at about 40m which is more than I need it to do.

Archived