Looking to buy first Rifle, what is better?

OsLOKKI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking of getting the G&G Combat Machine AEG CM16 Predator with ETU or the G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider-L 2.0E with ETU. I was wondering if someone could help lay out which is better and why. Thanks! 

• Supporters

Raider 2.0 WITHOUT ETU

ETU has had some issues, can be picky on voltage,needs 11.1v to work usually

But the ETU units have crapped out on people (google or search on here)

They might have got them fixed now with ETU 2.0 arriving

But honestly get a Raider 2.0 without ETU - save £20 and possible headache

google G&G ETU problem/issue then decide for yourself

personally if your retailer was nearby then maybe worth a chance

if not I wouldn't bother taking the chance- you want a gun to just work, no gimmicks to go wrong

Just my own personal take - your gun, your money & all that

• Supporters

I think we're all avoiding the elephant in the room here, it's not pronounced "what is better", all seasoned airsofters know its "wot am bestest" ;) 

(sorry couldn't help myself :) )

• Head Moderator

Getting a G&G Cm16 should be as good first choice, an all round gun at a fair price. One you can keep as a back-up, or sell, as you see other guns you want.

Heard nothing but good things about the CM16 - not that I own one myself, but I do own a G&G and it performs well (firehawk). As for the short or long barrel, that's personal preference. The firehawk has taught me I'm not a fan of short barrel guns (I'll be changing the firehawk to have a longer barrel at some point). So take that into account.

Archived