THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 08/04/2024 at 11:23, Impulse said:

Forgive me if it's been asked, because it undoubtedly has been asked somewhere in these 272 pages, but does anyone have ideas for a hop setup for heavy BBs? My retro CQBR is wonderful hopping .32s, but my mk12 is really struggling to lift .4s at 1.64J and just about manages it at 1.88J DMR limits, but I want to run .43s at 1.64J because Warhead do good BBs at good prices so I want to swap to using them, but they only do .32s or .43s, no .4s.

For what I was thinking, I was considering a sixG nub (because I have actually yet to try one...) and something like a relatively soft Unicorn or ML MR bucking, maybe a 60 degree. At the moment I have tried the Jaeger Precision titan nub, which was really inconsistent, and a number of omega nubs (regular, 50 degree and 80 degree), all with a variety of ML MR buckings.

I’ve set up my DMR with a Modify tan hop and Bavtac nub, I haven’t tested it in the field yet but it’s easily hitting 60metres with a .40 in testing. Running at 290ish (1.56j). 

Still have adjustment in hop with the Bavtac nub so could use .43 easily I would think. 

Edited by Ronin0033

Need some help from experienced mws users!

Friend is currently getting his mws and my noveske set up for next weekend at tuddenham, and my noveske has jammed 4 times, and now when he tries to fill the magazine he was using it immediately vents out the top, as iff the vaalve on the magazine is stuck. Any ideas what this could be, and how to fix it??

1 hour ago, woody_2231 said:

Does the jam look like this? Are you experiencing it on TM mags?

I'm not sure. My friend has my rifle atm as he was setting them up as I pick my daughter up. It has happened before, and from what I remember the bolt goes forwards but the bb doesn't enter the chamber properly and the entire magazine of gas gets vented.

And it's happened with both de mags, and tm type 89 mags.

Edited by LazzurusMan

Mags aren’t seated properly, either not high enough or they rock.

Add a touch of Velcro / tape to the rear of the magwell, pretty common with these.

Me again. Trying to fit a nineball bucking to my friends mws, and the hop chamber won't sit together properly, and won't let the barrel and hop enter the outter barrel. Is it a bucking issue? Am I putting it on wrong? It doesn't seem to fit as well as the autobot bucking he wants to replace (why I don't know, these autobot bucking seem to be amazing to me).

My experience with autobot rubbers is that they seem to be great in everything that isn't an MWS or AKM. I have autobots in damn near everything, my sniper rifles, my pistols... but not my MWSs or my AKM because they were just horrendously inconsistent and flung BBs all over the place.

5 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Which nineball bucking are you trying to fit?

Lined up the grove’s correctly?

Photos of setup will help.

Managed to get it to fit. It was a nineball wide airflow (whatever that is)

5 hours ago, Impulse said:

My experience with autobot rubbers is that they seem to be great in everything that isn't an MWS or AKM. I have autobots in damn near everything, my sniper rifles, my pistols... but not my MWSs or my AKM because they were just horrendously inconsistent and flung BBs all over the place.

I've not had a chance to test mine properly. Love the autobot in my pistol, so hoping it'll work well in my noveske.