Thinking of joining

Rookie59
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of joining Airsoft 

I’ve looked into it and it seems good, only problem is no one I know likes it. How does the team system work? Do you have to make your own team of 10 or so people and then go or can you just go and meet new people.  Would it a burden for someone new to the game to? Would I get in the way or would they be happy to put up with me if I followed the team objective and what they say? 

Any other advice would be nice as well. Thanks 

• Supporters

Book a rental, turn up and talk to people. If you're not a dick then most people will be friendly and let you tag along. Chances are that even if you rock up with 10 or so mates you'll spend very little time actually playing together once you start to get shot. You end up getting split up through the progress of the game.

Welcome to the forum :)

As Lozart said, book a rental, turn up, chat to the players, and don't be stupid.

I turned up to my first game on my own (like many others here on the forum), started chatting to the players, tagged along with random squads... I play with different people throughout the games as I don't have a radio.
Nobody cares who you turn up with, just be a good sport, call your hits, and enjoy yourself :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Take the plunge, go to an airsoft site near you and try it out.  Have a read of other peoples topics in the New Players section, you will see that it is a common theme. No problem being on your own, many of us began as solo players but the hobby is inclusive, we all like to talk about our guns and gear, and you should soon find yourself chatting to other players in the safe zone. This forum has been great for meeting fellow members and playing at different sites.  You do not mention what area you are from, may well be some members near you who can advise on sites, etc.

And remember that the forum search tool is your friend when looking for information, it has a 3 character minimum length search.

Archived