anyone ever used/owned a CYMA M4

Roundel91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me about any of the M4's that CYMA produce?

more specifically this one http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-518-dark-earth-cm

Its use is only intended as a back up AEG to my CM16. I Have another 2 guns for my CQB game preferences but id like something a little longer for outside games.

Budget is fairly limited as i don't want to shell out megabucks for something that will be used infrequently or lent out to friends that don't have gear etc.

At £80 odd this looks like a good choice to me.

Thanks in advance

Roundel

I've had CYMA M4 in the past which were fine, eventually the gears went on both, but those were full metal M4's. I think from the URL you posted this is completely plastic including the rail? That rail is sold by Big Dragon, I know it's in the catalog they just sent me, didn't see they made a plastic one though - free floats are normally metal. Either way £110 for an AEG is pretty good

Have been trialing E&C gear recently who manufacture SpecArms - easily the best ACM externals I've come across in a while, think the cheapest one is another £40 on top from Gunfire, worth a look as it comes with a pretty decent QD spring gearbox.

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27302-cyma-cm515-cheapo-plastic-keymod-aeg-l70-aprox/

internals are not bad tbh but the receiver is plastic - that brittle plastic

no way as good as the slightly flexible polymer G&G's

comes in hot - ask for spring downgrade or places like patrolbase sell them

imho they are not bad for the money - not quite as good as G&G's mainly due to receiver & cheaper build externally

still it is f*cking cheap if on a tight budget and certainly better internally than a SRC

box is nice but a little qwirky tappet plate but nothing too bad and still compatible for a fun project

in cold freezing weather the cheapo receiver could crack more than a G&G but many guns at that price won't last forever

actually shot quite well

yup it is cheap - very cheap but even then it will pi$$ all over anything you buy from JBBG / BBGuns4Less at that price

might be worth a punt if you can't find a cheap s/hand G&G needing a bit of TLC

(that is about the best 2 options or possible scenario depending on budget & tech ability etc....)

• Supporters

Taiwangun does free downgrade.

is why I said ask for spring downgrade,

(should of made it clear it is free I guess)

Did you get one on the end sir for ya lad or something else

reason I ask it would be good to hear what others think of them too

I like 'em but they are a little cheap so I wouldn't sat they are the best all round starter m4

though worth a punt if you ok & know what you are getting.

• Supporters

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't trying to correct you SD, just wanted to make it clear for Roundel.

As always, I got distracted. I decided to build an M4 from the spares I have, but I need an outer barrel and that stopped the project for now. :)

Cheers all.

Replies so far are kinda what i was expecting to hear. Ideally a G&G going uber cheap would ideal but im not in the position to buy just yet hence why looking at something new. Just looked at the link again and swear the price has gone up by a tenner or so :-S

• Supporters

Cheers all.

Replies so far are kinda what i was expecting to hear. Ideally a G&G going uber cheap would ideal but im not in the position to buy just yet hence why looking at something new. Just looked at the link again and swear the price has gone up by a tenner or so :-S

their offers go up n down like a bride's nightie, sometimes it is like blink & their gone

same as Gunfire - when they have an offer on it is like move ya ar$e &

holy crap - how many can I say I need and where can I hide the others from the missus

nope I have been very good lately - better not get another lump of coal this Christmas

their offers go up n down like a bride's nightie, sometimes it is like blink & their gone

same as Gunfire - when they have an offer on it is like move ya ar$e &

holy crap - how many can I say I need and where can I hide the others from the missus

nope I have been very good lately - better not get another lump of coal this Christmas

Obviously so, Was only £80 when i looked last night. Seriously tho, TWG and Gunfire are very difficult to resist due to their significantly lower prices than stuff in the UK. Already have a shotgun and a cheapo gas pistol on the way.

Archived