Help needed to make informed decission between 4 AEGs (new purchase)

tigerstr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, after getting a VFC M27 (HK416 16 inch barrel) GBB and the TM HK416 DEVGRU (10.5 inch barrel) I am looking for an M4 style AEG that will be ready to go out of the box.

I have 4 options in mind

1. Modify XTC G1 Carbine

2. Krytac Trident SPR MK2

3. ICS CXP-UK1R TransformM4 EBB

4.ARES Octarms Amoeba X M4 KM13

They are in a similar price range and have similar performance characteristics, on paper.

Would like your feedback on what to pick and possible drawbacks of said guns, preferably from personal experience.

Right now I am leaning towards the Modify, mostly because of looks and impressive internals, but its very new in the market (1Q 2016) and I am wondering if there are any known glitches.

Keep in mind that I need an insides ready for about 400 fps gun, since this is the woodland limit for regular AEGs in my country. The above fit this bill AFAIK.

Thanks in advance for any help smile.gif

• Supporters

^^ Krytacs are solid guns. Rank #2 on my list of guns I would take onto a UK field stock (At least for woodland - CQB is another matter) behind TMs, and ahead of the other 3 brands I would take stock - VFC, G&P, and KWA.

I know its not one of your choices but why not save a bit more, or look for a secondhand TM Recoil M4. As you already have the 416 Devgru you will be able to use the same magazines. A normal AEG will be boring after being used to a GBBR and a Recoil Gun.

If you must go for one of the sewing machines you listed go for the Krytac.

Thanks guys.

Have to say I decided to take the plunge and buy the XTC at a good price, with some upgrades. I know I may find it boring because of no recoil but I really liked the easy spring change ( no gearbox to open etc. just a screw driver) and the looks of the rifle.

Plus the solid internals out of the box and the high FPS ( 390 to 360 depending on the 2 position the spring guide has

I know Krytac is a very good company but the 16 inch barrel of the SPR MK2 has a 16 inch barrel and I decided against it.

go for the Krytac, they have overall best internals and mk2 have inbuild mosfet which will help you in the long run.

jut as a correction to your post, all the Tridents have a Mosfet (Mk1 and Mk2), not sure about the Alpha range though.

Well, THAT is interesting...

But the cost is great, plus finding a machinist to drill and mill the receiver can be quite the challenge these days where I am.

Bookmarked never the less, just in case I change my mind :)

Thanks.

jut as a correction to your post, all the Tridents have a Mosfet (Mk1 and Mk2), not sure about the Alpha range though.

i know mate that they all have mosfets, but he specifically asked about mk2.

Archived