CQB setup.

lemon191
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After a recent visit to the Gaol site I want to put together a gas pistol setup that will work for the evening games. What's your thoughts on the

WE glock 17 gen 4 ? Also looking for a mountable torch anyone know anything decent ? Cheaper the better lol

I like the gaol wed nights. The glock isnt too bad. Thats what they rent out im sure. Can pick a cheap light off amazon for 15 quid or so that'll fit on a rail (not sure if the glock has one) a few mags on a belt with the pistol and you should have a good setup

Yeah I borrowed a friends we glock last time and it was world's better than my we co2 m9 which vents gas from every hole lol.

As for torch I used a rubbish hand one and it was a pain to change mag etc so would like something mounted.something like this is what I'm looking at ,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00YLV2NR2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480276059&sr=8-1π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=SyndeRay+CREE+LED+Tactical+Gun+Flashlight+2-Mode+600LM+Pistol+Handgun+Torch+Light+for+Hiking%2CCamping%2CHunting+and+Other+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Activities

Yeah I borrowed a friends we glock last time and it was world's better than my we co2 m9 which vents gas from every hole lol.

As for torch I used a rubbish hand one and it was a pain to change mag etc so would like something mounted.something like this is what I'm looking at ,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00YLV2NR2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480276059&sr=8-1π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=SyndeRay+CREE+LED+Tactical+Gun+Flashlight+2-Mode+600LM+Pistol+Handgun+Torch+Light+for+Hiking%2CCamping%2CHunting+and+Other+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Activities

My unknown brand m9 doesn't cope well on co2 one shot and it leaks like auto fire on next trigger pull. but great on gas.

KWA PTP pistols are very good, great performance (I've got 5). Gas efficient, even in the cold. Real dimensions, so getting a holster is easier (WE is oversized). I prefer them to TM, because they're metal.

Best value pistol mounted light in my experience is the Streamlight TLR-1, they can be bought new for £80ish.

If you can afford a bit more, £100ish, go for the TLR-1 HL, it's brighter than the X300 Ultra, and considerably cheaper. Streamlight make items for actual firearms use, so you won't have to worry about it falling apart on a GBB like I've experienced in the past with clones.

My unknown brand m9 doesn't cope well on co2 one shot and it leaks like auto fire on next trigger pull. but great on gas.

Mine is the WE marine version in tan , looks nice and it's a heavy beast, tried it on some gas I had kicking around which was ultra air and it only really got 1 mag of bbs out with any power so I'm not gonna bother buying more mags for that, hence looking for something different and more reliable

TM Glock all the way, the extra £30 is 100% worth it.

Regarding lights, can't go wrong with a surefire x300 (or a clone thereof).

Got to love TM stuff but at £30 more that's nearly the cost of 2 extra mags for the WE. Do the we mags fit TM ?

KWA PTP pistols are very good, great performance (I've got 5). Gas efficient, even in the cold. Real dimensions, so getting a holster is easier (WE is oversized). I prefer them to TM, because they're metal.

Best value pistol mounted light in my experience is the Streamlight TLR-1, they can be bought new for £80ish.

If you can afford a bit more, £100ish, go for the TLR-1 HL, it's brighter than the X300 Ultra, and considerably cheaper. Streamlight make items for actual firearms use, so you won't have to worry about it falling apart on a GBB like I've experienced in the past with clones.

Is being over sized the only negative point of the WE gen 4 ?, not t fussed about metal I'm looking more for gas efficent work horse plus my friends run We glocks so makes sense I run the same incase need a mag in game etc. I'm not to fussed about the plastic holsters as it's going to be a main it is only going to be put away when I'm not in game so quick draw isn't needed. Those torches are a fair way off what I want to pay so might give them a miss lol .

Got to love TM stuff but at £30 more that's nearly the cost of 2 extra mags for the WE. Do the we mags fit TM ?

yes mate, and I prefer the WE mags to the TM ones

Is being over sized the only negative point of the WE gen 4 ?, not t fussed about metal I'm looking more for gas efficent work horse plus my friends run We glocks so makes sense I run the same incase need a mag in game etc. I'm not to fussed about the plastic holsters as it's going to be a main it is only going to be put away when I'm not in game so quick draw isn't needed. Those torches are a fair way off what I want to pay so might give them a miss lol .

That and not being very gas efficient and almost unusable in the cold, in my experience. The KWA's are very gas efficient, I get at least 2 BB loads on a gas fill when it's cold. In the summer, I've had 4 loads and still lock back.

As said, the TM and WE mags are compatible, and if you don't have to worry about dimensions, sounds like TM would be best for you.

Torch options are up to you, of course, but you didn't give a budget. In fairness, the TLR is a budget light, the TLR-3 is even cheaper, but they are 'real' lights. I see people regularly go through several cheap lights a year, and often running into problems with cheap switches failing. If you buy 3 crappy lights, you could have just bought one good one that was up to the task to begin with and will, most likely, outlast you.

Torch options are up to you, of course, but you didn't give a budget. In fairness, the TLR is a budget light, the TLR-3 is even cheaper, but they are 'real' lights. I see people regularly go through several cheap lights a year, and often running into problems with cheap switches failing. If you buy 3 crappy lights, you could have just bought one good one that was up to the task to begin with and will, most likely, outlast you.

True, highest I guess I wanted to go for a torch would be around £30 but if that's to low for a usable mounted torch I'll stick to a hand one

True, highest I guess I wanted to go for a torch would be around £30 but if that's to low for a usable mounted torch I'll stick to a hand one

Archived