Bolt Brand - Why so quiet?

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

In the the middle of looking for a new gun, set my mind on a G&P MK18 MOD1,

However I've seen BOLT do a MK18 also, reading up I find no reviews but lots of specs, seems (the new ones or the MK18 anyway) they're all built strong, aluminium piston, powerful high torque, fun recoil (strongest most know of I hear for EBB).

However I have heard the 6mm barrel is larger than they say, and is not the best along with the hop, (minor issues)

Is BOLT all its cracked up to be? Or is there a reason we seem to hear nothing about them... (dun dun dunnnnn)

Thanks,

- Corky

Hey all,

In the the middle of looking for a new gun, set my mind on a G&P MK18 MOD1,

However I've seen BOLT do a MK18 also, reading up I find no reviews but lots of specs, seems (the new ones or the MK18 anyway) they're all built strong, aluminium piston, powerful high torque, fun recoil (strongest most know of I hear for EBB).

However I have heard the 6mm barrel is larger than they say, and is not the best along with the hop, (minor issues)

Is BOLT all its cracked up to be? Or is there a reason we seem to hear nothing about them... (dun dun dunnnnn)

Thanks,

- Corky

My friend picked that model up recently and on its first skirmish it ate its piston and we had to leave early. Not great imo

My friend picked that model up recently and on its first skirmish it ate its piston and we had to leave early. Not great imo

To clarify, the BOLT? I have heard horror stories about BOLT but they were 2 years old, hopped things might have improved...

• Supporters

Dunno but somebody asked about Bolt a fortnight ago and got told they weren't all that

Rather pricey by comparison

(oops got confused - the post was referring to a VFC's faulty BOLT catch - lol, ahh bless must check before opening mouth)

I'd stay safe & look at Krytac for a new M4 if I'm honest

To clarify, the BOLT? I have heard horror stories about BOLT but they were 2 years old, hopped things might have improved...

Yes it the bolt mk18

Yes it the bolt mk18

Thanks for the input, appreciate it.

Dunno but somebody asked about Bolt a fortnight ago and got told they weren't all that

Rather pricey by comparison - some of their M4's seem very similar to some VFC's

I'd stay safe & look at Krytac for a new M4 if I'm honest

Was going to but I think I'm set on the MK18

Don't suppose anyone knows if maybe disabling the blowback could improve the BOLT? As in not implode on itself

• Supporters

Bolts were terrible for failing but they have improved.

I tested one out not long ago and while I liked and it shot well I wouldn't personally buy one until they have been put through there paces for a bit longer so the reliability has been proven.

Saying that I wouldn't be put off because one person says their mates one died on its first skirmish. I have just put a new piston in a mk2 krytac that did the same but would still recommend them because every brand gets the odd lemon.

Bolts were terrible for failing but they have improved.

I tested one out not long ago and while I liked and it shot well I wouldn't personally buy one until they have been put through there paces for a bit longer so the reliability has been proven.

Saying that I wouldn't be put off because one person says their mates one died on its first skirmish. I have just put a new piston in a mk2 krytac that did the same but would still recommend them because every brand gets the odd lemon.

Ueah i wouldnt too. I was just letting him know what occured on that case but ide go and buy one. I liked it when i shot it. Could have been a lemon for all we know

Archived