2 P90s but one has much slower rate of fire

kisbiflos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

Hello,

I first purchased a Cyma P90 and I only installed a mosfet with a 11v lipo, it works like a charm. After few months plastic part in the trigger mechanism broke so I purchased a used P90 to replace my parts. A week later JG trigger contacts became available and I installed one into the used P90.

The problem is with the gun I purchased from the stranger:

Slow rate of fire, at around 500 rpm, while my other stock gun with the same battery fires around 700rpm.

It burned a 20A fuse that came with the JG trigger mechanism, the guy had a 25A intalled, it works with this one.

It has a slower rate of fire even with the 11v Lipo

Suddenly it stopped cycling and I had to use the 11v multiple times to get it unjammed, it got stuck like 3 times.

Even when it got back into action it just spit out the bbs 15m in front of me

My guess is:

The guy who used this gun before made some modifications, maybe he added a stronge spring or he did a bad shimjob.

I will open the gearbox in the next few days when my M100 spring arrives, any ideas what should I look for?

Thanks.

• Supporters

The main problem is practically all p90's are crap and the cyma is one of the worst.

You shouldn't be running either of them on an 11.1v lipo whether you install a mosfet or not.

The slow rof could be a higher rated spring or higher rated gear set or even just the motor is knackered.

Best thing to look for is a tech who knows what he is looking at to do the work or just buy a better gun.

I live in a rural area, techies are hard to find, the internet is my only help. I am not sure why you hate P90s, but I would like to hear. In the next few months I am going to change most parts in them, I am willing to invest 200+ in each of them.

The design of the P90 makes it the perfect CQB weapon (maybe an MP7 but not in airsoft) and airsoft is all about CQB (when its not then I have my sniper at hand ) Maybe I got lucky with my main gun, but I have put trough it 15 000 bbs and I had 0 issues with it. As for the used one, it looks like this guy never even lubricated it. I favor the P90 because it is ambidextrous, incredibly mobile and I can carry both my sniper and P90 at the same time. Only thing I dont like about P90s is the lack of parts and the huge magazines which are hard to carry.

The design of the P90 makes it the perfect CQB weapon (maybe an MP7 but not in airsoft) and airsoft is all about CQB (when its not then I have my sniper at hand ) Maybe I got lucky with my main gun, but I have put trough it 15 000 bbs and I had 0 issues with it. As for the used one, it looks like this guy never even lubricated it. I favor the P90 because it is ambidextrous, incredibly mobile and I can carry both my sniper and P90 at the same time. Only thing I dont like about P90s is the lack of parts and the huge magazines which are hard to carry.

Unless you're rich it really really is not worth spending that kind of money on those shells, particularly as they have the poorest quality externals. Pick up the Tokyo Marui PS90 (the inner barrel is not longer), but in any case, the PDR-C is a much better "perfect" CQB gun than the p90. Dem magazines?!

Visually, after stargate it's one of my favourite guns. Just too expensive for all it's flaws.

Unless you're rich it really really is not worth spending that kind of money on those, particularly as they have the poorest quality externals. Pick up the Tokyo Marui PS90 (the inner barrel is not longer), but in any case, the PDR-C is a much better "perfect" CQB gun than the p90. Dem magazines?!

Visually, after stargate it's one of my favourite guns. Just too expensive for all it's flaws.

Was just about to state that the pdr is a good shout for a cqb gun replacement.

Archived