Thoughts of ICS CXP APE

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'v been looking to get ICS CXP APE in Tan from FireSupport for quite some time to replace my broken CQB m4 that i had and I'm wondering does anyone have any experience or known issues with these guns and have any advice what should be done to it when i get it?

Thanks

did you get those issues sorted and if you did how?

They are inherient to the design. You can dremel the lower to solve the magazine issue although I haven't personally done that I instead ordered some replacement springs for the magazines but haven't fitted them yet. I use the stock pushed out a bit more than I would ideally like to allow the battery to fit and the safety thing is a real pain for CQB sites but I am prefiring two rounds as I go in to get that out of the way.

• Supporters

They are inherient to the design. You can dremel the lower to solve the magazine issue although I haven't personally done that I instead ordered some replacement springs for the magazines but haven't fitted them yet. I use the stock pushed out a bit more than I would ideally like to allow the battery to fit and the safety thing is a real pain for CQB sites but I am prefiring two rounds as I go in to get that out of the way.

If you buy one now the spring release is usually disabled to prevent double firing. The magwell issue is a quick fix and if you use the right 7.4v lipo you shouldn't get any issues with the stock.

But to the OP you can get better for your money, the APE is ok but thats it just ok.

i don't have an ICS CXP APE but i do have an ICS CXP UKR1 Transform 4 which i assume would have the same parts and tbh i've had no bother what so ever. the split gearbox does have some give on the frame being in two parts but its hardly noticeable. as with the above poster i have a 7.4v lipo and if you insert it without the stock and then put the stock on afterwards you should get all 6 positions comfortably. If i had the choice again i would probably get a Krytac but its a solid gun for the price.

edit - in regards to the lipo battery i did change the connector from tamiya to deans, that could give that extra few millimetres which could make all the difference.

If you buy one now the spring release is usually disabled to prevent double firing. The magwell issue is a quick fix and if you use the right 7.4v lipo you shouldn't get any issues with the stock.

But to the OP you can get better for your money, the APE is ok but thats it just ok.

my first ever gun was magpul masada which i got from friend and i loved the feel of it and how it looked this is why i chose Ape. Also i already own 2 m4's and i am looking for something different.

• Supporters

my first ever gun was magpul masada which i got from friend and i loved the feel of it and how it looked this is why i chose Ape. Also i already own 2 m4's and i am looking for something different.

Plenty of good guns that aren't M4 style.

Real sword type 97

Scorpion EVO

Ghk anything

The APE is ok, the accuracy and rof are pretty good but it just leaves me cold. I have always liked ICS but the newer stuff just doesn't feel as good to use as a lot of other brands.

Plenty of good guns that aren't M4 style.

Real sword type 97

Scorpion EVO

Ghk anything

The APE is ok, the accuracy and rof are pretty good but it just leaves me cold. I have always liked ICS but the newer stuff just doesn't feel as good to use as a lot of other brands.

i owned scorpion evo before, i liked it but not to extent to keep it so i traded it for krytac crb. Im jist looking for accurate gun that does not break the bank and accepts m4 mags. If it was up to you what gun would you recommend?

• Supporters

i owned scorpion evo before, i liked it but not to extent to keep it so i traded it for krytac crb. Im jist looking for accurate gun that does not break the bank and accepts m4 mags

The ape will be ok then but you will need to mod the magwell but its easy. It is accurate and does feel nice and solid. Looks a bit naff in tan though.

Archived