TM Glock GBB parts

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cheers Proffrink!

Should be a sweet, reliable, powerful Glock when it's finished.

• Root Admin

Well even without any upgrades they're excellent. Really you can squeeze a maybe 20-30ft/s out of them but other than that most of the upgrades are aesthetic :) Barrel, hop and those gas routers are always a great idea though if you're ok with dropping the money on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps.

Gun is built with upgrades but I'm getting a short stroke/vent issue but the slide is actually jamming sometimes going back and sometimes 5mm from fully forwards.

However,..

I've noticed that the guarder steel mag catch isn't clicking fully home unless I really pummel it it?

I've got a feeling the Laylax mag rubber is pushing too hard on the UAC nozzle and jamming because the mag is being pushed too high up the magwell?

Is this possible?

I'm running the GM V3 Zero hammer set also which I bedded in as recommended.

May go back to stock and add parts until I get the problem.

• Root Admin

Don't replace the nozzle until it breaks. Put the TM one back in. Also ensure your routers are the correct way around. The routers are well known to provide a 10ft/s bump by various people in that thread so try measuring it when you can.

Also, are you using WE magazines by any chance?

Na, TM branded G17 mags. I replaced the stock routers exactly as they were.

I think there's something funny going on between the GM Hammer set and the UAC Nozzle & BBU and the Recoil spring.

All smooth with no resistance at all until a mag goes in??

Gonna put the gun back stock and do a proper investigation.

I'll post a report tho.

Current non-working spec;

SLIDE:

Stock outer barrel & slide.

UAC Optic Sights

PDI 6.01 barrel

Nineball/Laylax purple hop bucking

Nineball/laylax Hi-Speed guide rod & spring

UAC Nozzle

Nineball/laylax ally piston (w/valve spring)

UAC BBU

BODY:

GM Trigger bar

GM v3 Zero Hammer

Guarder steel Mag release

Guarder EU lower

Guarder ridged Trigger

Nineball/laylax Mag routers

• Root Admin

Your blow back unit or nozzle will be responsible for the magazine not seating correctly. It's possible they designed it with the assumption that people would be using stock Marui routers not LayLax ones but positioned it lower to get better contact anyway (something Marui should have done from the get-go but probably didn't have the money in the budget to work to those tolerances).

Ok, cool. I'll change them one at a time and try it again.

Righteo, been swapping parts and testing all day and I can confirm the problem is the UAC lightweight BBU.

It's not holding the nozzle at the correct height causing it to jam.

Does anyone have such a problem with the GM or Guarder version?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Right, after some engineering on my part, the gun is reliable and working really well. Accurate, very powerful and consistent.

I have one remaining issue regarding the TM magazines.

The loading valves piss out gas when filling.

They do fill and hold pressure. I've tried everything. Bottle pressure, position and angle.

A chap with a WE filled his mags and they were silent filling until they were full. We swapped person, gas and mags. Same problem. On all 4 of mine. All new. All from different places.

Any ideas???

• Root Admin

The lack of a silent fill valve is there by design on Marui magazines and you'll probably want to leave them as-is. You can buy o-rings that drop in (search for 'silent fill valves'), but I've heard tales of this reducing their maximum capacity. Not entirely sure how much truth there is to that though. Marui continue to to it to this day, so I'm inclined to believe that it's for a good reason.

Also using plastic-nozzled gas bottles like Pro Gas and Smart Gas helps a great deal.

I see! Will do. I've been using Ultrair and Nuprol Green with metal nozzles so will try some Progas!

Thanks Prof!

• Root Admin

I'm a bit of a broke record on this front, but Nuprol gas is extremely overpriced and you're essentially paying for an overbloated brandname; If you want the general purpose stuff then get Pro Gas or Smart Gas. If you need something stronger then go for Guarder Power Up/Powerful gas. Both are 70% the cost of their Nuprol counterparts.

Plus yeh, the metal nozzles aren't always ideal because they can get bent quite easily too :(

Is that Pro Gas the ZeroOne, own brand stuff? Good value if it is!

• Root Admin

Sorry, it's ProTech gas - I was being an idiot. ProTech and Smart Gas are identical. If you can, order a few bottles from a mainland European retailer and it works out dead cheap. I'm talking £5.50 - £6 per litre cheap.

Fantastic! Noticed F-S do Guarder 1000ml for £6.99 too.

Will check ProTech now

• Root Admin

Yah, but I wouldn't run Guarder Power Up in your G18C unless you filled in that front void. That thing'll snap fast if you don't.

As I say, ProTech or Smart Gas - they are identical. Both are extremely cheap outside of the UK. Import!

I'm on a 17 with the void Epoxied. Don't wanna strain the gun tho.

Found 1000ml Pro Tech Gas for £6.79. Bargain!

Just ordered myself a nice Guns Modify S-Style Ally Slide with a Bar-Sto style Ally Barrel! Very excited!

Archived