[UKARA] What to do when a gamesite won't update your details?

Jamin_p

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i've moved and need my address updating but the gamesite has failed to act on multiple requests to update these details. It is a UKARA registered site still and as such they should perform this right? I no longer play at said site, or at least haven't in the past few months however I do play at a different site but that shouldn't stop them?

How do I go about sorting this out in order to purchase RIFs to my new address? Do i contact UKARA direct? Do I re-register at a different gamesite?

Answers on a postcard please!

Have you actually tried telling the shop or asking the shop as I think it's them who update and add the ukara details to the website if you send them proof of I'd and new address I don't see why they can't update

However I could be talking bollocks and hopefully someone can confirm or help

Most game sites cannot access the UKARA database, unless they are also a retailer (e.g. F&O). Try going to the shop that you used to register your application, taking along your current site membership card and something official with your new address on it (e.g. photo-card driving license or a bank statement) and ask the retailer to update the database for you.

• Supporters

The shop will have to update it as my email address was wrong when I first registered and I emailed the UKARA address on their website and was told the shop needs to sort it out.

Best thing to do is going to be to hassle the shop till they get bored of speaking to you and just do it like you asked. I know when I got registered they had a database form with all the fields for you that they fill in, which is why i'm dubious about why it takes some shops weeks to process them. Unless some retailers have direct access to the DB and others don't?

If you register at another site they will want you to do your 3 games in no less than 2 months again.

You tell the shop. Then if they don't update it you take them to court for breach of the data protection act requirement to keep accurate records. Make sure to give them a letter before notice explaining what they are required to do one month before starting a court claim. Some companies just need a legal jolt to do what in law they are required to do.

Why would you want to take the shop to court? The costs of legal action far out-weigh the benefits in this type of case and you would have difficulty proving any significant amount of loss to be able to support such a claim. And it's not the shop that maintains the database anyway. That's with UKARA.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.