Zero Red Dot Sight

Lord Daem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Saw the other "zeroing" post, however my sight isn't blurry, so thought I would set up my own topic. Basically, I've just bought the below ICS M4A1 from my Dad's friend and it came complete with a red dot sight, meaning the original triangular "sight" ontop of the weapon has gone.

Now I've tried lining up the red-dot sight with a can about two meters infront of me and I've noticed the shot is going slightly lower than I am aiming, but also slightly to the right. Does anyone have any experience with the below red dot sight and how to zero it? I've got it lined up with the iron sights, so I may need to zero them too!

Yep, another Newbie question from me!!

post-11854-0-62665200-1440360381_thumb.jpg

post-11854-0-44537500-1440360382_thumb.jpg

I've got the same red dot

You unscrew the 2 smaller caps & turning them with a screw driver will adjust the dot up & down, left & right

Adjust the hop unit to get the bb flying level as you can (start at 5 metres away) then where the bb hits, adjust up or down & left or right

I've got the same red dot

You unscrew the 2 smaller caps & turning them with a screw driver will adjust the dot up & down, left & right

Adjust the hop unit to get the bb flying level as you can (start at 5 metres away) then where the bb hits, adjust up or down & left or right

Thanks, think I'll give that a try in the morning so I don;t shoot anything inside!

Silly question, any idea where the hop unit normally is? The gun didn't come with instructions...

• Supporters

Thanks, think I'll give that a try in the morning so I don;t shoot anything inside!

Silly question, any idea where the hop unit normally is? The gun didn't come with instructions...

Pull back the charging handle (the T shaped bit at the back of the receiver - just below the rear sight). Look in the bit where spent shells would come out of the real gun (right hand side above the magazine well). You should see that a cover has pulled back and inside there should be a plastic wheel with little ribs on it. This is your hop adjuster. There may be an arrow on it that says "UP" next to it. Turning the wheel in the direction of the arrow will increase the effect of the hop unit. Start by turning it as far in the opposite direction as it will go. The BB won't go very far before dropping downwards. Turn the hop adjuster up and try again. You should start to see the BB go further before dropping. If you see the BB start to travel upwards then you have added too much hop and you need to back it off a little.

Pull back the charging handle (the T shaped bit at the back of the receiver - just below the rear sight). Look in the bit where spent shells would come out of the real gun (right hand side above the magazine well). You should see that a cover has pulled back and inside there should be a plastic wheel with little ribs on it. This is your hop adjuster. There may be an arrow on it that says "UP" next to it. Turning the wheel in the direction of the arrow will increase the effect of the hop unit. Start by turning it as far in the opposite direction as it will go. The BB won't go very far before dropping downwards. Turn the hop adjuster up and try again. You should start to see the BB go further before dropping. If you see the BB start to travel upwards then you have added too much hop and you need to back it off a little.

Thank you! Literally just found it and accidently shot myself in the foot while adjusting it. At least I know people WILL feel their hits!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.