few questions as I switch to Li-Po

two_zero

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So yea. got some lipos (nano-tech airsoft 2.0 2000mAh 15-25c 7.4v and ASG 1300mAh 20c 7.4v) and a Ansmann xBase 20 SE charger.

The charger did not include a manual, so I have a few question.

I got them secondhand (only tested), 2 of the 3 batteries I got are slightly swollen (about 1mm on each side I estimate from squeezing them), is this ok?

Secondly, the charger has two columns one saying LiPo and below it says 1.3A (ranges from 0.1A and 4.0A). What does this indicate and what is it suppose to be set to?

Second column says CHARGE and below it 8.4V(25). the setting lower than this is 4.2V(15).. this seems a bit odd? Is this charger compatible with these batteries??

Also, does anyone know if this charger stops/trickles when the battery is full?

Thanks all :)

Got a picture of the batteries? If they're badly swollen they definitely shouldn't be charged again, might be completely fine though.

Individual Lipo cells have a max voltage of 4.2v per cell when fully charged, so the 8.4v (2s) is the cutoff for lipo's marked as 7.4v, as they have 2 cells, 11.1v lipo's have 3.

Not sure how that particular charger works but if it's lipo compatible it will cut out when finished, trickle charging a lipo could make it go bang.

Charging rate should be at about 2amps for the 2000mah and 1.3 amps for the 1300mah. They could potentially be done at a higher rate then this but keeping at that will ensure a longer life.

Got a picture of the batteries? If they're badly swollen they definitely shouldn't be charged again, might be completely fine though.

Individual Lipo cells have a max voltage of 4.2v per cell when fully charged, so the 8.4v (2s) is the cutoff for lipo's marked as 7.4v, as they have 2 cells, 11.1v lipo's have 3.

Not sure how that particular charger works but if it's lipo compatible it will cut out when finished, trickle charging a lipo could make it go bang.

Charging rate should be at about 2amps for the 2000mah and 1.3 amps for the 1300mah. They could potentially be done at a higher rate then this but keeping at that will ensure a longer life.

Wouldn't say they are "badly swollen", but who am I to tell, here's the pics:

2803y9g.jpg

2q3x9hj.jpg

2ihl1lu.jpg

vidz too

well, it is LiPo compatible for sure, and it has the balance bit as well.. So its standard for LiPo chargers to cut off when finished rather than keeping on charging then?

great info on the amps!!

• Supporters

LIPO's are dogz nutz and good makes you have there

a little puff is fine but never try to pop the lipo like some tw@at me did

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25943-g-g-aeg-cm18-mod1-for-first-aeg/page-3#entry208609

and check my status for why you really shouldn't f*ck with lipo's if they look iffy

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/statuses/user/9344-sitting-duck/?status_id=7231

But trust me a little puff is fine - the cheapo snidey crap one was getting more puffier each time

you got very good makes there so they should last you ages

just don't f*ck with them if they look iffy - seriously it f*cking burst into flames

(almost as quick as I $hit myself)

yeah - DO NOT stick a pin/pen thinking to release a bit of trapped air....

punctured cell - hisss hisss fizzz fizzz - whoooaahhhhh f*ck that dropping on carpet reaction

WWWHHHOOOOOOFFFFF - bursting into flames - fire alarms going off - lol

funny now but I got scorched carpet - paranoid missus and me owning up what a c@nt I am

LIPO's are dogz nutz and good makes you have there

a little puff is fine but never try to pop the lipo like some tw@at me did

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25943-g-g-aeg-cm18-mod1-for-first-aeg/page-3#entry208609

and check my status for why you really shouldn't f*ck with lipo's if they look iffy

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/statuses/user/9344-sitting-duck/?status_id=7231

But trust me a little puff is fine - the cheapo snidey crap one was getting more puffier each time

you got very good makes there so they should last you ages

just don't f*ck with them if they look iffy - seriously it f*cking burst into flames

(almost as quick as I $hit myself)

yeah - DO NOT stick a pin/pen thinking to release a bit of trapped air....

punctured cell - hisss hisss fizzz fizzz - whoooaahhhhh f*ck that dropping on carpet reaction

WWWHHHOOOOOOFFFFF - bursting into flames - fire alarms going off - lol

funny now but I got scorched carpet - paranoid missus and me owning up what a c@nt I am

so no probs puttin em on the charger n go shed some plastic later then?

fully aware not to puncture them (unless you wanna make a cool vid^^), but good advice never the less! :)

got the lipo proof bag also :)

Yeah they look ok imo, general rule with all batteries is never leave them charging unattended for long to make sure they don't suddenly puff up loads, but bet they'll be totally fine.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if a lipo goes bad you're supposed to chuck it in a bucket of salt water..can't remember why though :P

Best bet is probably just to throw it into the garden and let it do its thing, fumes they lot off when burning are toxic as hell so you wouldn't want to be too close hah

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.