ess ice or v12

stevil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i need to get my eyepro sorted, had a look at bolle x1000 rx's as i am a speccy tw@t but i think i prefer the look of ess ice glasses or v12 advancer goggles

i know the rx insert is available for both, but what ones do you knowlegable guys think would be better?

i appreciate any info and feedback

• Supporters

I have both and the ICE glasses are much less prone to fogging up but also don't offer full seal protection so there's a small chance a BB could get in under the gap. They are both good, so up to you which disadvantage bothers you more.

• Supporters

Just be aware that it's NOT the same Rx insert for the ICE and V12s.

everywhere i have seen, its the same insert, i know there are 2 different types of insert, but i think ones old and theres a newer type available

• Supporters

everywhere i have seen, its the same insert, i know there are 2 different types of insert, but i think ones old and theres a newer type available

Unless they've changed the design then they're definitely different.

• Supporters

Unless they've changed the design then they're definitely different.

• Supporters

If it helps, I have the rx insert for my v12s and it certainly doesn't fit in my ICE glasses.

• Supporters

I stand corrected. There is a newer design that fits both. Mine is an X shape that clips in top and bottom on the V12s. The newer vice or p2b inserts apparently fit both. One of them also fits the nvg goggles.

thanks a lot for that mate, i was worried and was scouring google like a nutter lol

what ones would you recommend Lozart?

• Supporters

thanks a lot for that mate, i was worried and was scouring google like a nutter lol

what ones would you recommend Lozart?

Honestly? Contact lenses.

If that's not an option the glasses aren't as safe. Fact. The V12s don't fog too badly if you open them up and also take the foam dust filter off the frame. Personally I now use the ICE for going to chrono and a pair of ess profile turbofan goggles for games.

But I sweat like a paedophile in mothercare.

would love contacts but my left eye cant be corrected with them :(

i think it is going to have to be the V12s then, i do sweat a bit at the moment cos i am a little on the large side lol but am working on getting that off

thanks a lot for your input :)

• Supporters

would love contacts but my left eye cant be corrected with them :(

i think it is going to have to be the V12s then, i do sweat a bit at the moment cos i am a little on the large side lol but am working on getting that off

thanks a lot for your input :)

If you can find a pair on eBay for a sensible price get the turbofan goggles and an rx insert. Seriously. As a formerly fat airsofter I know your pain! (was 18.5st)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.