Brand New CYMA CM.701b - Upgrade

Tad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All,

So i'm soon to get my hands on a new CYMA CM.701b / VSR-10 Replica.

First thing i will probably do is change out the cylinder for a threaded one, then do the tape mods for airseal.

But my question is, does anyone know what the STOCK inner barrel type is? I've read that in some places it's a 6.23mm barrel and others that it comes at 6.08.

Obviously I'm going for range / accuracy with this, so what other items should I look for?

I already have some parts from ASPUK, such as the Metal spring guide / spring and i'm willing to do the work on this to make it strong.

Very very unlikely to be a 6.23 as that's proper wide-bore, which seems now to be mostly argued as only having benefit when using gas/hpa etc. everyone with a sniper rifle will want a tight-bore in there so would be a poor decision on CYMA's behalf, unless they assumed they were all going to be chucked away anyways and was cheaper to make or something

6.08 is the general standard size of brass barrel put into most guns regardless of manufacturer, if not this then the alternate size is usually listed as a selling point.

A decent quality steel one will be better due to more consistency in the build quality & finishing, rather than any difference in bore. The whole idea of bore size and difference it makes in airsoft barrels is all a bit voodoo and entirely unproven either side of the argument (wide is best vs narrow is best). therefore the only thing you can be certain of is a well built and finished barrel of higher density metal will be 'better' than a brass one with a coating layer inside.

Guest PT247

what fps is it kicking out currently and is it a 90' or 45' trigger?

I'd probs be inclined to go zero trigger mod which with the Laylax has a replacement cylinder and piston included. Would still need a new cylinder head but then you know it isn't going to fail on you while you sort out the accuracy/fps.

what fps is it kicking out currently and is it a 90' or 45' trigger?

I'd probs be inclined to go zero trigger mod which with the Laylax has a replacement cylinder and piston included. Would still need a new cylinder head but then you know it isn't going to fail on you while you sort out the accuracy/fps.

Apparently ~480fps with .2 - I cannot be certain until I get the rifle next week.

Very very unlikely to be a 6.23 as that's proper wide-bore, which seems now to be mostly argued as only having benefit when using gas/hpa etc. everyone with a sniper rifle will want a tight-bore in there so would be a poor decision on CYMA's behalf, unless they assumed they were all going to be chucked away anyways and was cheaper to make or something

6.08 is the general standard size of brass barrel put into most guns regardless of manufacturer, if not this then the alternate size is usually listed as a selling point.

A decent quality steel one will be better due to more consistency in the build quality & finishing, rather than any difference in bore. The whole idea of bore size and difference it makes in airsoft barrels is all a bit voodoo and entirely unproven either side of the argument (wide is best vs narrow is best). therefore the only thing you can be certain of is a well built and finished barrel of higher density metal will be 'better' than a brass one with a coating layer inside.

Hmm, seems a bit strange that there is variance then. I'll take a look when it comes out and possibly stick a 6.03 TBB in there.

How is it threaded more than the factory one?

I mean that the newer VSR clones are using a crimped cylinder head, which means you can't get to the internals..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.