G&G SG552

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You will struggle to get after market parts for Sig 552's. Magazine choice is very limited. I wouldnt buy it unless you are quite technically minded because upgrading them isnt as easy as most of the more common guns. If you do want a Sig the Ics one is cheaper with better internals.

Cheers.

You will struggle to get after market parts for Sig 552's. Magazine choice is very limited. I wouldnt buy it unless you are quite technically minded because upgrading them isnt as easy as most of the more common guns. If you do want a Sig the Ics one is cheaper with better internals.

Not sure why you are saying this as both the G&G and ICS use V3 gearboxes?

Mainly the comments "You will struggle to get after market parts for Sig 552" & "I wouldnt buy it unless you are quite technically minded because upgrading them isnt as easy as most of the more common guns"

I wouldn't say you would struggle to find after market parts, they are still easy to find just not as common and being a V3 gearbox it's the same as a G36 or an AK, which I would say is just about as easy as upgrading a V2 Gearbox.

• Supporters

Yes they are both version 3 gearboxes but the nozzles and selector plates are proprietary. The rest is pretty standard. Hop up units are proprietary so thats limited.They use medium type motors there are quite a few out there but not as many as if it was long or short type.

External furniture is limited so not much you can change there. Mag selection is also very limited.

I have had the bolt cover on my Ics sig break twice because its made out of crappy plastic and it the only one you can buy, I am making a new one out of aluminium but thats had to be wire eroded and machined. Also I want a metal hop up unit and I can only do that by making it myself. Not everybody is lucky enough to have access to the sort of equipment needed to do things like this.

If you buy an M4, AK or MP5 you can replace or upgrade every aspect of it quite easily.

Not knocking either Sig I own both and the Ics sig 552 is my primary, the G&G I brought used and it needs some tlc and will be my next project.

I agree with you that the range of internal and external parts is not as big and varied as M4's, AK's or MP5's. But I wouldn't say it makes it harder to upgrade or you need to be more technically minded.

Also the nozzles on all guns are different so I wouldn't call it propriety.

I thought both the ICS and G&G hop chambers in the Sig 550 series are supposed to be good?

• Supporters

Hop units are ok but like anything could always be better. The reason I say harder and more technically minded is if you really want to make it your own and the best it can be you either have to make parts or bodge other stuff to fit. The other guns I mentioned everything you could ever want is already available. All gun types use different nozzles but if you have an M4 or other popular type there are loads of different makes to choose from not so with the Sig so yeah I would call it proprietary.

Have you ever worked on one?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.