Thoughts on my airsoft gun...

Meowmus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am new to the airsoft community, i am yet to have my first combat experience other than shooting things in my back garden. Last summer i purchased a gun and i was just wondering what your thoughts are on it for an entry level skirmish gun. Also when I do attend a match should i buy a new Battery and Charger etc.

also i don't have face protection, i need something that can protect the neck and fit glasses at a budget friendly cost

Gun I got (only paid £115)

http://www.airsoftworld.net/cyma-colt-m4a1-carbine-airsoft-rifle-aeg-with-free-magazine-vcra-compliant.html

i tracked it down and its been re branded by cyber gun? :l (the code on the box)

http://www.cybergun.com/produits/gamme-de-produits/accessoires/montages-rails/4357-ref-e180800-colt-m4-a1-aeg-avec-epb.html

what do you think?,

Many thanks, James

It should be okay but probably not the best for the money unfortunately. I have a CYMA M4 as well but heard they're bad.

Would've rather bought a G&G for around the same (think I paid £150 for mine and could've bought a Combat Machine CM16 + battery and charger for about the same price)

A new battery and charger is a good idea, as the ones which come with guns are never good quality. You will want at least a couple for a day as well in case one runs out.

In terms of face protection you can fit glasses underneath I'm afraid there's really no good options unless you're prepared to pay a lot for goggles / glasses and prescription lens inserts.

My dad uses Bolle PILOT / PILOPSI goggles which have cut outs inside so your frames fit, but on the other hand the downside is they're designed as safety goggles and look a bit sh*t.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.