Tightbore issues with hop rubber

uniweekendwarrior

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I just got a new barrel for my we g18c gen 4 and a new hop rubber but i am having some issues.

https://youtu.be/Yp4lIg9AaZk

Please if you can help let me know.

Thanks in advance

ok, troubleshooting mode; Start at the stupidly simple and work towards the stupidly complex:

Is the hop up turned on?

Can it be turned up any more to rectify the problem?

Is the nub/arm seated correctly on the hop up?

if you apply the hop and look down the barrel, does the rubber appear to be level in the barrel without any twists or bumps?

Is the tape modification fouling the movement of the Hop up parts?

is there a difference between the two hop rubbers? are the mounds about the same size?

and thats it for now, with a bit more info im sure i can think of a few more :P

As far as I can see the tape didn't foul anything. I did ensure when I put it on it was past the rubber so it was only around the barrel so it fit better in the hop up housing. I'm not sure about the arm as does it sit in the wheel or above it? It fits better in but when I took it apart it just all fell out. When the rubber is on its all smooth from end to end. The rubbers are different slightly the mound (if it's the bit that sticks out the side) is a rectangle on the standard and the new one is a bit shorter but still fits perfectly in the slot.

I have had nothing but issues getting replacement parts of my We pistol, been waiting 2+ months for a replacement hop unit (which will presumably also be total garbage).

Anyhow I suspect Ed might have replaced his inner barrel on his We Glcok 17. Check out the bullet4Myenemy youtube channel and specifically his glock 17 review. He might mention an inner barrel replacement in it, I can't remember if he did or didn't replace it but I have a vague recollection he did so he will likely say the brand and such there.

I found the video and watched it but he said he stayed with the standard barrel as the upgraded barrel wasn't to effective. I have brought a new barrel, a maple leafe one but again same problem with the bb just falling out the barrel when the slide comes forward. Starting to get pretty f***ing annoyed with it.

Other than boost your FPS ever so slightly, (maybe 5 to 10fps tops,) it will make zero difference to your accuracy.

The most inaccurate part of a pistol is the user.

If yours still think you need a new barrel it will take any standard aeg style barrel IIRC it's 95mm a lot of the Chinese shops have some. Try wgc.

The bb rolling out is because the hop up isn't gripping it, make sure the adjustment arm little lever is in the right slot, not the tapered one, the other one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.