TM 416 Magazine compatability

spyros

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Depends if it's the recoil version, with one of the adapters they can take normal stanag mags but the bolt catch system no longer works

• Supporters

You'd want this: http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/accessories/lonex-magazine-adaptor-for-m4-hk416-next-generation-recoil-shock-series.html

Otherwise you need to use magazines that are categorised as SOPMOD. For the HK416 it's: recoil shock HK416 magazines(slightly different to M4/STANAG, one comes with the rifle for reference), M4/Stanag SOPMOD magazines and PTS PMAG SOPMOD magazines. The PMAGs are hard to come by but there's a few kicking about on Ebay unopened if you look around, added benefit is they hold 120 BBs instead of 82.

As Spatch said you lose the bolt lock function so it will keep firing when the magazine is empty, so depends how much you value this feature.

• Supporters

Not sure but I would recommend you get a tech to rewire it to deans instead as the work will cost the same, if not less and allow you to use bigger batteries.

That's what I did on mine and I run 1450 mah nunchuck batteries and they aren't actually the biggest that will fit i've just found those fine to use all day using anything less than about a bottle of 3000.

At least with the TM mags you know that you won't have to faff about with velcro mods etc if the 3rd party mags you have bought don't feed properly :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.