Robbi3b

tm colt 1911 gas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

What's the best gas for a tm colt 1911 blow back with leak free mags, also is it possible to swap the leak free mags for co2 mags many thanks

I'd recommend this: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/abbey-predator-gun-gas-144a.htm#.VMUzmv6sWPs

Green gas is a bit more powerful which can be bad for a gun with a plastic slide. I've heard plenty of people run them fine using green but I would use the Abbey 144a to be safe (especially during summer)

For the same reason I would not use a CO2 magazine in a TM. Way too powerful.

This time of year you can use Abby Predator Ultra (white can with red label in a TM pistol with no worries, I use it all year round tbh in G17 and G18 TM pistols. As said CO2 will destroy your gun!

If you mean the CO2 mags which hold a CO2 bulb they won't fit as the TM 1911 doesn't have the cut away area inside the grip unlike some others which are designed to use them, also as said above the pressure would likely destroy the gun the first time it was fired. I use green gas in mine and never had a problem.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.