My Emerson FAST Helmet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is my most newest purchase. Bought this helmet yesterday from the local airsoft gun doctor and airsoft supplier who goes by the name of Venture, he sells some real good kit and I love dealing with him, his prices are good and knows his stuff.

Anyway, I browsed through his website looking at stuff,not planning on buying anything, but if something popped up I could make use of, I'd buy it, I saw that he was selling these helmets at Half Price, and had various colors, as I am working on making up a "Green" loadout, I got the Foilage Green helmet.

It has a flip down visor, which I will be wearing ballistics glasses under the visor. Cant be to safe.

The helmet fits comfortably and didn't require any alterations before wearing. Will post a pic of complete loadout once I find the pants I am looking for.post-10677-0-78920000-1420525027_thumb.jpgpost-10677-0-27023900-1420525052_thumb.jpgpost-10677-0-88667500-1420525073_thumb.jpg

That's Emerson's cheapest fast helmet model I believe. You can pick them up for £20 and cheaper from aliexpress. The retention straps give it away plus the colour on the arc rails is pretty glossy. The inside will be what looks like black polystyrene correct? But it does the job of looking cool I guess.

Much better option then going for what I did and spending £400+ on a real steel Ops Core Ballistic helmet haha.

P.S: Avoid impacts like banging your head on cencrete or the top of a door frame as the Emerson Fast helmets at ridiculously thin and feeble plastic and DO NOT trust that "eye protection" on it. Before my ops core I had one of these. Got shot in the flip down shield and it broke/ shattered and a piece of it went in my eye so if I was you, just remove it. Which is why I splashed out on the ops core.

That's Emerson's cheapest fast helmet model I believe. You can pick them up for £20 and cheaper from aliexpress. The retention straps give it away plus the colour on the arc rails is pretty glossy. The inside will be what looks like black polystyrene correct? But it does the job of looking cool I guess.

Much better option then going for what I did and spending £400+ on a real steel Ops Core Ballistic helmet haha.

P.S: Avoid impacts like banging your head on cencrete or the top of a door frame as the Emerson Fast helmets at ridiculously thin and feeble plastic and DO NOT trust that "eye protection" on it. Before my ops core I had one of these. Got shot in the flip down shield and it broke/ shattered and a piece of it went in my eye so if I was you, just remove it. Which is why I splashed out on the ops core.

Thanks for the info.

This helmet wont be getting shot at to much :P If I am being shot at that means I've been seen and thats not what snipers want. I will be using ballistic shooting glasses along with the helmet. I don't plan on using the visor to much, i like the helmet the way it looks thats pretty much it. I am not sure if I will be using it to much either, we'll see.

If I find a good loadout look then I'll use it frequently, but being a sniper there isn't much use for a helmet :P

Thanks for the info.

This helmet wont be getting shot at to much :P If I am being shot at that means I've been seen and thats not what snipers want. I will be using ballistic shooting glasses along with the helmet. I don't plan on using the visor to much, i like the helmet the way it looks thats pretty much it. I am not sure if I will be using it to much either, we'll see.

If I find a good loadout look then I'll use it frequently, but being a sniper there isn't much use for a helmet :P

A sniper using a Fast helmet? Can't say I've ever seen that before. Be sure to upload some pictures in the loadout forum topic as I'm curious to see!

Most snipers I've seen wear no helmet, a head scarf/bandana or a boonie hat (jungle hat)

But would be interesting to see and pics always help

I'll make sure to post some pics. But I wont be using the helmet for games while I'm a sniper, its ony for when I'm in "Ground Pounder" mode. Assaulting and all that. I'm working on my own custom Canadian loadout.

I wanted to do a Spec-Ops sniper type deal, but themed stuff isn't exactly my thing, so this is gonna be my own take on it.

Dedsec - How did you get your ops core so "Cheap"? I thought they were closer to a grand?

Dedsec - How did you get your ops core so "Cheap"? I thought they were closer to a grand?

I have relatives I America. My brother in law lives in Dallas, Texas. I also have two cousins, one in Mississippi and one in New York. Over there you get a lot of ex-military putting that sort of gear on eBay etc and they go pretty cheap (~$800 on bids).

Having relatives who are also very enthusiastic about airsoft (one of my cousins is actually in one of Desert Foxes videos for about 7 seconds). I contacted my brother in law asking if he had any nice helmets. He has three ops core helmets. Two in dark earth and one in OD green. So I sent him $650 for a dark earth one which is about £400ish.

Over here, they cost over £1500 at the best of times mainly because they're all imported as no UK armed force uses Ops Core.

I have relatives I America. My brother in law lives in Dallas, Texas. I also have two cousins, one in Mississippi and one in New York. Over there you get a lot of ex-military putting that sort of gear on eBay etc and they go pretty cheap (~$800 on bids).

Having relatives who are also very enthusiastic about airsoft (one of my cousins is actually in one of Desert Foxes videos for about 7 seconds). I contacted my brother in law asking if he had any nice helmets. He has three ops core helmets. Two in dark earth and one in OD green. So I sent him $650 for a dark earth one which is about £400ish.

Over here, they cost over £1500 at the best of times mainly because they're all imported as no UK armed force uses Ops Core.

Aye I thought as much mate...Still doesn't mean am not totes jelly XD Kinda sucks that UK armed forces dont use the Ops Core helmet as its kick ass.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.