Noob Molle attachment questtion

Undieing_Lust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have bought new pouches for my plate carrier and this might be a noob question, but am having a hard time getting them on. Am not sure if am doing somthing wrong or its just a design fault as this is the first time I have seen this type before.

Its not attached to the pouch and I can't get it has tight as I would like. But I have used things like Malice Clips before that seem to work better.

Are you weaving the straps in and out of the Molle webbing on your vest as well as in and out of those on the back of the pouch? That should hold it reasonably tight, although never as tight as with malice clips, which are much stiffer than those on the back of most pouches.

Are you weaving the straps in and out of the Molle webbing on your vest as well as in and out of those on the back of the pouch? That should hold it reasonably tight, although never as tight as with malice clips, which are much stiffer than those on the back of most pouches.

I can't weave it in and out of the Molle becuse the straps block it.

( I will upload another pic so people can see what I mean.)

Weave one side through the plate carrier then one side through the pouch, What you have there is essentially Webbing malice clips.

As you can see from the second picture there is zero room to weave it back into the pouch. becuse the molle on the Maxpedition pouch is so tight the other pouch I got (Condor IFAK) uses the same type of attachment and it was able to wave so I think the problem might just be how tight Maxpedition has the Molle...

http://s12.postimg.org/rm2x73x4t/DSC_0058_000.jpg

http://s12.postimg.org/6nwr90xa5/DSC_0059_000.jpg

As you can see from the second picture there is zero room to weave it back into the pouch. becuse the molle on the Maxpedition pouch is so tight the other pouch I got (Condor IFAK) uses the same type of attachment and it was able to wave so I think the problem might just be how tight Maxpedition has the Molle...

You need to weave in and out. One through vest, then next on pouch and repeat.

Try using a blunt ended kitchen knife to ease out the straps from each loop on the vest before feeding it into the next one on the pouch. That's what I do if the MOLLE is a bit tightly bunched.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.