Help/Appraisal of DPM gear pic heavy

Mack

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive gotton hold of a bit of DPM gear and I know next to nothing about british kit. Its no use to me so im looking to shift it on and need some help with pricing it up. I know its not going to be worth a lot but may aswell see it off to a good home. As far as I can tell its all brand new never been used. There aint a mark or bit of dirt to be seen.

Smock

IMG_0231_zpsfdeedca9.jpg

IMG_0232_zps657f325f.jpgIMG_0233_zps5b010d6d.jpg

2 x Jackets

IMG_0228_zps53d16575.jpgIMG_0229_zps2a9e20e8.jpgIMG_0230_zps9c0fa421.jpg

IMG_0221_zps017c6c39.jpgIMG_0222_zpsb4d3973a.jpgIMG_0223_zps7378633f.jpg

2 x Trousers

IMG_0224_zps97324349.jpgIMG_0225_zps289c3ca4.jpgIMG_0226_zpsbdd30455.jpgIMG_0227_zps0643e6dc.jpg

Some sort of belt

IMG_0234_zpsb3932b8b.jpg

Look on eBay for comparison prices mate

The jacket comes from SAS origins as they had hoods to go over there respirators, there also classed as windproof, the shirts were known as jungle shirts or temperate shirts as that's where soldiers wore them (Borneo, Cambodia etc) the trousers were classed as temperate or jungle trousers aswell

They were also known as 'soldier 95' or 'ripstop' as little squares of thread was sewn all over

The belt is a plastic/nylon material and was worn by soldiers in there working uniform (light weight olive green trousers and combat trousers)

The clover patch signifies an Irish regiment, most likely guards or something but you can do a Google search of 'Irish regiment patches' and find what your looking for

Look on eBay for comparison prices mate

The jacket comes from SAS origins as they had hoods to go over there respirators, there also classed as windproof, the shirts were known as jungle shirts or temperate shirts as that's where soldiers wore them (Borneo, Cambodia etc) the trousers were classed as temperate or jungle trousers aswell

The belt is a plastic/nylon material and was worn by soldiers in there working uniform (light weight olive green rousers and combat trousers)

Will do mate, Any idea what the patch is?

I've edited my reply with a couple of more comments mate

Excellent, I just did a search and came up with the same

Its always good to know a bit of history behind patches etc when selling military items

Hey Mack, what you've got there is good condition late issue "Soldier '95" DPM Jacket, shirt and trousers. As you mentioned the TRF is for 38 Bde, a resident/regional Bde in Northern Ireland. All British issue kit comes with a small Union Flag on the left shoulder. Formation TRFs are worn on the left shoulder and Regimental TRFs would be worn on the right shoulder.

The kit is pretty good, reasonably hard wearing, but as I'm sure you will see on ebay, is quite plentiful and cheap.

The jacket is based on the old Arctic Windproof, sometimes called a "SAS Smock", hoods for cold/extreme weather, lots of pockets and slotted button as they're more robust and easier to operative with gloved hands.

This kit was common issue and would have been right up to the introduction of MTP, firstly in a similar cut, still known as "Solider 95" style and then later in the "PCS" (Personal Clothing System) cut.

From what I've seen online and in surplus shops the trousers and shirts are worth about £10 each. The jackets£15- £20 the smock £25-£30 and the belt under £10. But shops have overheads etc if your gonna sell on here £60-70 would be a fair price I think.

• Supporters

There are a few deals around like this usually aimed at new cadets. There is/was one including boots and vinyl DPM waterproofs for £40.

There are a few deals around like this usually aimed at new cadets. There is/was one including boots and vinyl DPM waterproofs for £40.

Yea, i got that to kick start my kit, and im still using the boots with my mtp gear, i cant fault the kit at all and its dirt cheap

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.