SRC G36kv help

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm sorting out my friends g36kv as it was firing at about 100fps yesterday at our skirmish site

I've got the GB and attached motor out, I believe it has standard gearing with a high torque motor

Does he get

A - a new high speed motor

B - a new set of gears

As he bought it 2nd hand, I cleaned and shimmed the gear box, way to much grease inside, retested and its very sluggish, wiring, trigger and trigger contact are all fine

Presumably the gears look fine?

Did you check that the piston is moving okay?

an FPS issue is usually something to do with the piston/spring. Gears and motor only affect the rate of fire.

Remove the spring and check that the piston moves okay. Check the teeth on the sector gear and piston. Check the air seal on the piston.

You may want to replace the spring just in case as this is fairly cheap anyway.

Everything's ok with it, I was using a 7.2v NiMH when it should have been 8.4v so tried that and much better

Piston etc is ok now as who ever owned it before smothered it in grease so cleaned it all of and put silicon oil on all the O-rings

All teeth are there so it came down ultimately to me giving my mate the wrong battery to use so he's going to order the right ones

thanks for your replys guys, I know what to look out for in future

I would say it wasn't looked after very well also but a good clean, re-grease, better wiring and a deans, even on 7.2v, you certainly heard a difference :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.