CM16

adazrambo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What is the FPS straight out the box on a CM 16 Carbine? Bought one second hand on year only been used twice and was shooting around 370 FPS out the box, is this correct? My local site rules are max 350 FPS so not sure if I should swap the spring (or get someone else to) or is there a method of tweaking the hop up to bring it down a bit?

it will differ, but I would eat my own shoe if it was over 350 fps and new. Mine is under, I think about 320 ish, and that is the general consensus. But yeah, no way it would be over 350 i reckon.

The one you bought second hand had probably had a spring change, never heard of it shooting that hot ootb. I would change the spring to maybe an m100, use the afuk app on here to work out your spring.

• Supporters

indeed - G&G most fire @ 330 to be used at either 100m or 350fps

(yeah I know 330 is over 328(100m/sec) but most sites aren't that ultra strict)

either a very very lightly used possible import or 115/120 spring change

end of day though it is to the SITE CHRONO - that is the final ruling

even if another chrono says this or that the site goes by their chrono end of

only way to be sure is to wait n see what that site chrono says before you go too mad

opening her up and getting stuff changed - admit most chrono's should be fairly accurate

but get it properly chrono'd first - tin cans means jack or low batteries in chrono can give inaccurate results

soz if you have had it properly chrono'd already but the "was shooting around 370" seemed a little unsure

you can leave gun nearly fully cocked/spring compressed and this can lower or take some tension out of spring

if you have proper access to chrono try leaving it cocked overnight & see what she fires in the morning perhaps

My Combat machine came out 345 out of the box with a supposedly M100 spring. My G&G T4-18 was 315. People have been reporting a variety of things in and around that range so while its reasonably variable on the guns its below 350 in all cases I have seen. I suspect the original owner swapped out the spring for a M110, you need an M100 or M90 in there instead.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.