New person alert

Gondibort

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi , I'm Chris, I'm here by default because my back garden plinking rights are about to be recinded by Kenny Macaskill. You see I live in Scotland and in 2005 a toddler was killed by a junkie with an air rifle. Kenny decided that a licensing system and a ban on plinking would cure junkies from doing bad things. He may also have thought he would win favour/ votes by this popularist gesture. Anyhow, plinking in Scotland will have to be airsoft. So I'm on the lookout for an airsoft target pistol. The only thing I've found is the Maruzen APS 3, and this is out of stock everywhere. Any ideas? I'm after something that will group 2" at 25ft. Preferably electric but I'm not fussy. Thank you in advance for your help, and I may add that I'm impressed with the amount of sarcasm and mickey taking in the posts.

• Supporters

Hello and welcome

thats one hell of a pistol :o:o and its the first time i have heard of a airsoft targeting pistol. ill let some of the more experience here suggest a extreme accuracy pistol if thats all you want B)

that said i would expect most guns to be accurate at 25ft (thats 8metres i think) maybe not 2" accurate mind :lol:

• Supporters

Electric = CYMA usually Glock CM030 - fires at about 200fps but has full auto

GAS - either Green Gas (propane) or CO2

CO2 is a bit more powerful than GG - aprox 450-500fps Vs about 330fps for GG pistols

cheaper pistols are non-blowback from about £35 for cheapy non-blowback

& you can pay over £100~£150+ for top of range blowback pistol

not tired this one but has the option of buying a CO2 mag as well as standard Green Gas mag

https://jdairsoft.net/asg-cz-p-09-duty-inc-case

CO2's are a little too "hot" or powerful to use at most sites being that a fresh CO2 bulb can be firing at

say 550+ at first - coming down to about 400-ish after a dozen or so shots, should get say 2 or 3 mags

out of a CO2 cartridge before it needs changing - but depends on mag/gun

also blowback pistols will use a little bit more gas due to blowback action

GG pistols are a little less powerful and can be used for skirmishing at airsoft sites

CO2's will need a little modification to lower the power

as you may just be using for backyard plinking then very little of this really matters I guess

if you was gonna be using the pistol a lot - quite a bit at sites then GG pistol & propane adapter

maybe if you can find a HFC 104 or 105 GG or CO2 version if you are really lucky & low budget

CYMA CM030 will be about double that price aprox

& top blowback gas pistol would be even more

but as you may be using it for the odd target practice then either of the 3 types would do

there is the spring versions but most here use spring snipers or shotguns not pistols

one more thing that I failed to mention - Gas guns can suffer from cold & leak

as you in Scotland it might be worth looking at cyma cm030 as it will operate in cold

but CO2 is "slightly" less prone to failure than Green Gas I think but still can fail

(All gas stuff can fail with seals - it is a weakness they all have)

but electric pistols are way down on power but will be fine for your targeting range/distance

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.