Winter clothing

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This review says they're shite though. Obviously don't want to base a decision on one review, but still...don't want to get one if it's like this.

for the cost there is far better stuff out there... Love helicon Tex combat kit but this would piss me off on a jacket at this price range. Check out www.kombatuk.com for a very similar fleece which has done me well for a couple of winters and has most of the same features!

http://www.kombatuk.com/view.php?ViewProduct=943

• Supporters

If you spend enough time reading around about it you'll discover Helikon is much like Viper and Web-tex. A lot of airsofters shout about it from the rooftops when it works because it's cheap and us airsofters love a bargain more than life itself. But then again there's plenty of negative reviews around too and as with Android vs iOS, PS vs XBox, TM vs WE etc people get really bloody irate if you don't agree with their experience or perception of a brand. When you look up the reviews from guys who've owned and used higher quality gear that's when they're usually painted in a more negative light. Also the fact they've fabricated a new brand name with the release of their new line of backpacks doesn't fill me personally with confidence, every time I've seen a company in the airsoft or gear world do that it's because they've been trying to shake off the very negative reputation they've accrued in the past. Not to say organisations can't change/improve because they can, but it's an under-handed move IMO and usually when a company does climb out of a bad hole and turn things around they don't change their name (G&G being a prime example from the top of my head).

aye for sure, Viper kit was on my shit list for ages as some stuff I had fell apart after just 1 game day.... I bit the bullet again tho as needed a vest and so far it is ok (was same vest as I had before but in black). I am a Helicon fan boy, their UTL trousers are fantastic, have 2 pairs and would have a 3rd if they did them in Polish Woodland. they can securely, comfortably and usefully hold 4 M4 mags, 2 GLOCK mags plus have ability to hold another 2-4 M4 mags and another 2 pistol mags. They are hard wearing and I've never lost kit in field that was stored in them.

I think with all companies there are cost cutting measures at times and this means below par stuff for us punters, we should get consistent products and it should be up for the use intended, I hate wasting money I earn on crap kit, so far have not been let down with Helicon so will wave their flag for items I know to be as good as or better than the sales pitch.

Viper has been very hit and miss, the only reason I bought the black vest after the previous was due to Crawley Surplus Store (http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/) telling me they would replace or refund me no quibble if I had any issues even after skirmishing it several times. (which I've not needed to do so far as I appear to have a good vest this time).

This review says they're shite though. Obviously don't want to base a decision on one review, but still...don't want to get one if it's like this.

Oosh - fair enough then. Can't say I've seen that one.

Obviously, if you're going to be spending that kind of money on a jacket, you'll want to be doing some serious research into loads of brands. Probably should have suggested a few more..

Surplus Russian greatcoat if it's particularly cold, otherwise I just wear a poncho over my usual gear - cut it in places to make it easier to reach my belt rig as a chest rig is too cumbersome under the poncho.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.