Magpul MOE 7" DE hand guard

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, I'm bored so I thought I would do a review on this item. cost me £25 posted, however I believe it is worth it. Lets begin:

Finish:

The finish is very good, like anything you would expect from Magpul. It is solid, and looks the part. It definitely adds to your rifle. Very good quality.

As you can see frm the photo it is quite a tight fit however, I had no idea how tight it would be. I use the 2600mah 7.4v LiPo from VP racing and it only just fits.

026_zps3c9fd9d4.jpg

The box. Very nice looking box, don't know how magpul do it but they make a standard cardboard box look orgasmic, to say the least. Inside the box you get a manual, you don't really need it to attach it, not a very hard thing to do.

028_zps260a5553.jpg

The one thing I am having trouble with is the main part not coming off when pulling down the delta ring, but it's probably me not being strong enough. Overall this is a really good item, I will add more to the review when I skirmish it.

P.S it does have a small hand stop that allows you to hold it there, a nice feature.

8.5/10

• Supporters

Was this second hand? If not it's probably a chinese clone. PTS stopped production of the licenced Magpul stuff a while back.

You might find a nunchuck style battery fits better. My MOE guard fits a 2600mAh 7.4v nunchuck lipo and a Deans adaptor and a Gate NanoAB mosfet just fine. Gets a bit tight when you start adding rails sections though as the threaded inserts they use stick in quite a bit.

Was this second hand? If not it's probably a chinese clone. PTS stopped production of the licenced Magpul stuff a while back.

You might find a nunchuck style battery fits better. My MOE guard fits a 2600mAh 7.4v nunchuck lipo and a Deans adaptor and a Gate NanoAB mosfet just fine. Gets a bit tight when you start adding rails sections though as the threaded inserts they use stick in quite a bit.

I believe second hand. I am using a nunchuck actually, probably the same one as you. Will have a look at fitting differently

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.