Who Has Transport To Get To Games?

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I gave up driving a few years ago. never regretted it until I started airsoft. Airsoft games always start before trains start running on a Sunday. WW2 games are not too bad as they're usually on a Saturday with camping the night before. Bit of a pain getting there by train carrying all the airsoft gear and camping gear, but I have it all sorted now. Last Sunday I left home at 6am with a backpack containing my sten, a pistol, gas, ammo, batteries etc, plus a canvas valise with my Lee Enfield. I was wearing my Aussie jungle gear and P37 webbing. I crossed Bristol, went down the Avon Gorge to Pill, then along cycle paths to Portishead. Bristol to Portishead without hills took a bit of local knowledge, but theres no way to avoid the fact that Black ops Portishead is at the top of a massive hill. I arrived knackered. It's only about 15 miles but the weight of a Sten and Lee enfield made it a tough trip. Fortunately on the way home, I was able to go over the Avon bridge and catch a train from Shirehampton.

Next time you moan about how knackered you are after a day's skirmish, imagine having to cycle home afterwards :)

I usually get a lift from a mate and give him a lift on the way home. I'll be driving next year so I can go further afield than my local site.

Being an old fart has its benefits.

I have a choice of 4 cars when I want to go airsofting, but always seem to gravitate toward my old Jeep for some reason :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.