So we can't buy RIFS without jumping through hoops and yet...

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Seems a bit steep, the guns could be made out of adamantium but if people use the barrels as entrenching tools, the hop up is knackered and the magazines don't feed properly it ends up making very little difference. Hopefully you get at least 3000 BBs for that price.

I'd like to point out... You don't need ukara to buy a gun... You need it to buy an all black gun. It's a bit silly... But it's no drama. You can temporarily undo the bright colours for the duration of a game with little effort and cost. It also doesn't monitor second hand guns... So you can always pick up a black one without ukara and you won't be committing an offence.

Edited... I misread something

^ To be fair NH, you don't need UKARA "to buy an all black gun" either. Nor should you need to "temporarily undo the bright colours" for any reason either; if you want turn an IF into a RIF to play airsoft with it you are perfectly entitled to do so and to leave it that way.

I think the bigger problem that Bright is alluding to is that for many UKARA is seen as the only way to buy a RIF, and even though it's not it certainly is the easisiet way under current conditions, hence why the UKARA system (and those who organise it) are managing to create a stranglehold on who can and can't buy new RIFs.

This was why some ideas for other systems have recently been floated, but they've ended up either just mimicking UKARA or seeming to disappear before the got started.

Aye... I just think it's a bit of a non issue. Anyone can buy any gun. And if you are willing and able to spend money on a good gun, you'll be willing to wait a couple of months to save you the hassle of repainting it well.

If it's a cheap thing, then it's not even hassle to paint it... Any home job will match the workmanship of a spray can.

I mean... I had my first skirmish then went out and got a rif the next weekend... It's no drama. It's silly, but also entirely avoidable. But that's just my limited opinion :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.