JG SL8 info

AIRMIKE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If the SL8s are anything like the G36s,there have been some changes made by JG which are very dummyheaded.

-JG decided to cut costs and install Nylon bushings. In a gun pushing 400FPS OOTB with an M130 spring this is really bad for long term reliability. Replace with steel bushings or bearings. Even with a 1J spring required by our laws I'd still replace them. The gearbox is too high stress for nylon bushings.

-New proprietary hop up unit. It's terrible. To replace it you must replace the magwell which is thankfully still in Marui spec.

-Usual recommendation of re shimming, re greasing and aoe correction because JG don;t pay their QC department.

Overall should be the same JG stuff, super strong gearbox easily on G&G top tech levels with poor acm hop up.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr b i have bought many bits and guns from taiwan gun with no custom charges at all they are so gd.

Jimmies thats some gd info, till i saw your post i generally thought they were a gd gun but thanks for that insight.

I havent bought one yet as im still trying to sell my ak.

Archived