DyTac Starter AEG

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

RoF is nearer 20rps as stock.

Yeah, my point is that if it is capable of running on an 11.1V LiPo OOTB and also at 20rps, it must be "a boss design", by which I meant "Bollocks!" as there are a number of insurmountable issues which running a gun at such high speed and voltage throw up, which require additional parts.

• Supporters

Yeah, my point is that if it is capable of running on an 11.1V LiPo OOTB and also at 20rps, it must be "a boss design", by which I meant "Bollocks!" as there are a number of insurmountable issues which running a gun at such high speed and voltage throw up, which require additional parts.

Review with stripdown of gearbox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnjCMiGRwA

Doesn't seem to be anything massively special inside...

• Supporters

There's one of those fatter pins to push the tappet plate on the sector gear, but it's still not as much as a delayer chip. I like the way it all stays in place when you take the right half of the shell off, but the shimming seems inadequate to prevent an 11.1V LiPo from shredding the gears, steel or no. No mention of anything funky about the cutoff lever, so, without a mechanical fix, you'd have to use an AB MOSFET to get semi-auto to work.

11.1V LiPo OOTB my arse.

• Supporters

There's one of those fatter pins to push the tappet plate on the sector gear, but it's still not as much as a delayer chip. I like the way it all stays in place when you take the right half of the shell off, but the shimming seems inadequate to prevent an 11.1V LiPo from shredding the gears, steel or no. No mention of anything funky about the cutoff lever, so, without a mechanical fix, you'd have to use an AB MOSFET to get semi-auto to work.

11.1V LiPo OOTB my arse.

While I respect and uphold your right to not believe stuff on the interwebs (let's face it, most of it's lies) I've used one, with an 11.1v LiPo, no aftermarket bits and it fires just fine and dandy at a high (although granted unverified) Rate of Fire. Must be pixies in the gearbox...

Archived